Caramoan Islands

Camarines Sur, Philippines

Caramoan Islands Camarines Sur Reviews

danzopina danzopina
Nature Trip to Caramoan Islands Nov 16, 2011
For a group nature trip, try going to Caramoan Islands, Philippines (where Survivor does some of their shoots- dunno from what country).

The place has its grace and owns the serenity of the pacific sea. Take Note: It is not yet commercialized. Locals keep the place away from big comm'l establishments, etc. They keep it clean and untouched.

Going there is a big challenge if your going on a land trip. Trip via plane(route to Naga Airport) will be comfy enough and spend a day in the city just to enjoy the nightlife and have a visit in the famous CWC to show some wakeboarding stunts.

From Naga City, it will take an hour and a half going to the sabang port. You have to take a ride to the banca (70-100 pax capacity), another 2 hr travel. While in the banca, you'll have a view of Mt Mayon. Better go there early in the morning to have a clear view, you'll love the sun!

In 'Caramoan' port, take a tricycle ride if you don't have someone to pick you up. Then have your snack break before going to the islands. Bring some foods with you if you plan for whole day island hopping and gadgets as well.

Another banca ride on your island hopping, travel time is not more than 45 mins. You can now have the snapshots of the beauty of caramoan by seeing the rock structures, island formations-- a breath taking close to nature experience.

On its islands, notice how the place exists by its own -the sands, trees, rocks, the clear sea. Very remarkable and exciting but of course, if you're on a group, just think of any activities to do if you're staying in the islands.

There's no stores or houses in the islands, so you have to go back to the resort/hotel to spend the evening. If you have tents, you may stay but there are no CR. Also, you have to bring with you your trash to preserve the beauty of the place.

N.B.

Signal reception in some part of the town is weak.

I don't know if there are available souvenir items in the port.

Thunderstorms and black-outs during night are natural. Locals have their own generators but can't support enough lights and other appliances. Mobile phones must be fully charged before going there. :)
polalin polalin
Caramoan Island Apr 01, 2011
We all know that island hopping is a boring thing to do. Yes, tour guides offer this for a very expensive price and all you get is the same water with the same sand. But, if you are up to a fun and adventurous trip with your friends, skip the island hopping and go CAMPING! In Caramoan, you could have an over night camp in Matukas Island. Some island are not suitable to be stayed overnight because the tide becomes high and there are no camp sites. In Matukad Island. you can stay in the island over night and experience the fireflies dance. Think you can stay cast-away for 24hrs? Then accept this challenge!
alleyvon alleyvon
Another tourist destination to look up to Apr 24, 2011
This is a new tourist destination that you need to look up to, though very little is known about Caramoan, an isolated island in Camarines Sur. Once here, you can enjoy plenty of activities that you can do from kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, and many more. Hope one day you can come and visit this island and appreciate the beauty of Caramoan.
Fayemin Fayemin
Caramoan Islands Feb 27, 2009
It could have been nice to be in the islands if it did not rain hard. We only managed to go to Matukad Island. On our way there, I could somehow say that Caramoan has similarities to El Nido, Palawan...However, it is difficult to compare.

My fiance and I were given a very small banca just enough to fit us and the two boatmen. The current was very strong and I was afraid that we would fall off to the ocean. On our way back to the resort, we had to stop in another island for safety reason.

I learned that during December and January, the weather is not good so it is not advisable to go there during that season.

Related Travel Blogs About Caramoan Islands

The Islands of Caramoan
Island hopping was the order of the day.  C and I got up at about 5am.  We wanted to climb up the mountain where the shrine was, and it would take about half an hour to get there and mayb… Island hopping was the order of the day.  C and I got up at about 5am.  We wanted…
Matukad Island
Heyaaa! Sorry it took me so long to blog about my Caramoan trip. I have been busy for quite some time now and today is the perfect time to make this entry. Travelling with my buddies, Ra, Aby and Noy… Heyaaa! Sorry it took me so long to blog about my Caramoan trip. I have been busy for quite some…
Camarines Sur Map