1 Römerplatz, Baden-Baden, Germany

Caracalla Therme Baden-Baden Reviews

kelleb kelleb
AMAZING thermal spa! Feb 13, 2012
While traveling from Heidelberg to Strasbourg, we made a quick stop in Baden-Baden. Many of us decided to go to the thermal spa in the little town. This publically owned for profit spa was absolutely AMAZING and worth every penny!! (.. well euro :P )

The cost of your stay at the spa depends on the amount of time you'd like to stay there, however we were on a time crunch so purchased the minimum ticket at 14€ for 2 hours. You are given a wristband that holds a computer chip that you return when you leave to calculate your time in the spa. When you walk in, there are nice and clean changing rooms and bathrooms, and free lockers to keep your belongings. The lockers are locked and reopened by using your wristband so you can open them and close as many times as necessary for free, without having to carry around a key.

Once we walked into the spa we were in awe!! The inside is HUGE and full of large pools of various water temperatures... the pools have different areas for sitting that have jets, waterfalls, neck showers, etc. The main pool area inside connects to two outdoor pools with areas to lay in shallow water, hotter water pools, and an area with a current.

All of the pools vary in temperature. My favorite part was the hot and cold water grotto. The hot grotto has water of 100ºF (38ºC) with a waterfall, you sit in there for about 5 minutes, then get out and quickly get into the cold water grotto right next to it, where the water is only 65ºF (18ºC)!!! I would kind of jump in quickly, only for 15-20 seconds, the feeling was so exhilarating!! I repeated this a few times; the feeling was so incredibly refreshing.

Along with the pools there is also sunbathing (nude) available on the upper deck. There are also many aromatherapy rooms and dry saunas; this place has so much to offer and is definitely worth the 14€!! I would love to go back but for a full day!! I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for some R&R in an adorable little town.
Caracalla Therme
One of the outdoor pools
The other outdoor pool
vishal_ says:
Looks gr8!
Posted on: Oct 02, 2012
wmcpat says:
Good Job!!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2011
kelleb says:
hahah! I did not visit that part of the spa :P
Posted on: Jun 04, 2011