Car Rentals in Ireland

Shannon, Ireland

Car Rentals in Ireland Shannon Reviews

cotterb cotterb
Jul 16, 2006
I booked my car through www.novacarhire.com and found the experience to be really good. They area discount internet company who will make and confirm a booking with a real company in Ireland. My first company was Irish Car Rentals. They were nice and service was fast. I had to take a short shuttle from the Shannon airport to pick up the car while other larger companies, Hertz etc. had lots close enough for you to just walk to. This did not bother me because I got a great deal through Nova. I compared the prices before booking and the savings was incredible.

When you rent a car you should always check it for damage and document it before leaving. This is especially true in Ireland because they drive on the other side of the road and the roads are smaller. The combination of this results in frequent damage to the passenger side of the vehicle. Just document it. My car had such damage and when I returned it I was not hasseled at all.

If you are travelling outside of big cities I strongly recommend you rent a car in Ireland if it is withen you budget. Ireland is like a series of small towns which can be tough to explore or even get to from a bus.

Finally, read the small print related to insurance. As I'm still not sure I understand it yet I won't speak to it but I know that my credit card company would not cover damage to a car in Ireland as it would in most other locations. The website offered insurance for a small fee which I took, but I still don't know exactly what I purchased related to that insurance.

Check Shannon Hotel Deals