Caput Mundi Hotel Rome

Check Rome Hotel Deals

Caput Mundi Hotel Rome Reviews

jennys39 jennys39
Shocking surprise Jul 22, 2011
We landed at this hotel at this hotel at 1.30 am. Some creepy Quasimodo was at reception and grunted at us to follow. We went to the first floor in an elevator that was no bigger than a wardrobe. My sister, me, our luggage and Quasi. Just as well he was bent over the luggage or we wouldn’t have got in.

He opened a door, 4 turns of a lock, and told us to lock it again from the inside, 4 turns, (My sister got all worried about fire and how to get out in case of it) and showed us our bed. I thought this whole apartment thing was ours, but it turned out to have 2 other lots of people staying in this lockup as well, so we found out the next morning. We got ready for bed and turned the lights out, 2 minutes later Quasi was upstairs, in this hall thing that I thought was all ours, and yelling to leave ‘LIGHTS ON- NO OFF’

Turns out they monitor the door from downstairs and with the lights off the poor dear couldn’t see. To think I was wandering around in my undies, and we had our stuff all over this hallway thing, we immediately took things into ‘our room’ and locked that door as well. We slept well though, probably had something to do with being up since 7 am.

Shower time. We paid extra for an ensuite ‘apartment’ and that’s what we got. The shower, however, was almost directly above the toilet and when anyone had a shower everything got wet, all the way to the threshold, the toilet, the waste paper basket, the toilet paper etc.

No soap dish, no towel rails, no aircon, no phone or intercom, no TV, no fridge, no coffee making facilities. No internet, we had to go into the hallway thingy for that. In fact we had a bed and windows, which we couldn’t open because people in the street kept serenading us. You know “O Solo Mio” etc.

Our breakfast was included, the internet said, so that arrived at 10 am. It consisted of an orange popper (not even juice, but orange drink) and cellophane wrapped shrivelled croissant and an inch of coffee in a café bar cup. What a comedown from our 5 star luxuries on the ship.

For this luxury we paid 65 euros per night
The place we had breakfast
Our sumptious breakfast
Check the amount of coffee in the …
The ensuite. Shower above the toil…
jennys39 says:
Thanks for your fun comments. I'm glad you got some fum out of the revue. I don't normally whinge and whine, but people needed to be aware. If only I had hooked up with this site prior to leaving. When I get some time, I'm going to blog my fingers off
Posted on: Jul 30, 2011
sylviandavid says:
Fun review to read.... You'll be so happy with TravBuddy as there are lots of reviews on motels and it's easier to pick the right one.... Happy Travels! Sylvia
Posted on: Jul 27, 2011

Caput Mundi Hotel Rome Overview

At Caput Mundi you can find old and new style cohabiting together harmoniously. It is the mix of two different and complementary dimensions that, conserving the old structure and antique atmosphere, nevertheless provides all modern comforts. Rooms are single, twin, triple and family rooms sleeping 4 or 5. Some of them are en-suite while others have hand wash-basins and shared bathrooms to meet any economic need or choice. Each room is provided with tv, air conditioner, private safe. The reception staff are always available and happy to give information about place to visit in Rome.
Managed by traditional Roman family, the Hotel Caput Mundi is located in the heart of the Eternal city, right in the area of Termini Railway Station and very close to the basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. Many historical places and monuments like the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Venezia are a short walk or bus ride away, as well as the Vatican, only 15' by bus or subway. Hotel Caput Mundi is in a building dated back to the 1800s, and has been recently renovated. All rooms are tastefully furnished and offer all comforts, including private bathroom and air conditioning. After a delightful day spent visiting wonderful city you will enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of your comfortable room. The Hotel also provides Bar,Internet access-High speed,Laundry service,Lift/Elevator,Parking facilities,Pets allowed,Reception,Room service and Safe deposit box. All the costs include breakfast.
Please note that for all arrivals starting 1st of January 2011 a city fee will be applied: 2 Euro per person per day. This fee is not included in the hotel rate and it's to be paid directly at the hotel.

Caput Mundi Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower