Captain's Galley II

12817 Harbor Road, West Ocean City, MD, USA

Captain's Galley II West Ocean City Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Excellent Maryland Crab Cakes at Captain's Galley II Sep 26, 2009
On our trip along the Delmarva Pensinsula Susan and I tried crab and crabcakes at several restauarants. Good as many were, none could compare to the crab served at Captain's Galley II in West Ocean City. When you visit Maryland's Eastern Shore, you must try crab and I think this is the place to start.

I first found the retaurant on an earlier trip, acting on a suggestion from the Ocean City Vistior's Center. Then, Susan and I tried it for lunch. We liked it so much we went back again the next day.

The Backfin Crabcake Sandwich is served on a kaiser roll or choice of bread and made with tender crab meat. No filler. (Extra charge for tomato or cheese.) It's really good! We both orderd oen and also shared a basket of French fries. (Sandwiches come with potato chips.) If I had a complaint, it would be that packaged, rather than fresh, condiments and tartar sauce are served.

I've also tried the Crab Imperial, served open-faced on English muffins. Delicious, but very rich and filling!

Captain's Galley II also serves a variety of other sandwiches, hamburgers, and shrimp, clam or chicken strip baskets for lunch. It's off the Ocean City tourist route, and so mostly locals are seen here at lunch time.

The restaurant is right on the harbor and you can see fishing boats, charterboats, and plesure craft come and go. In fact, if you arrive by boat, you can dock right at the restaurant!
Captain's Galley II Restaurant
Harborside at Captain's Galley II …
sarahsan says:
Sounds like a great place! Would love to try their crab cakes!
Posted on: Jan 10, 2010
sylviandavid says:
Good review... good to be on the quest for crab cakes...
Posted on: Jan 07, 2010

Compare Ocean City Hotel Rates (2km away)

Captain's Galley II Map