Captain Shepard's Inn

Check Marathon Hotel Deals

Captain Shepard's Inn Marathon Reviews

scubagirl76 scubagir…
Nov 24, 2007
Charming little inn in Marathon, TX, we stayed at for just a little over $100. The place was clean and well kept as well as beautiful in an old rustic way! We got the downstairs bedroom with a queen size bed as well as the only private bathroom in the inn, that included a nice little jacuzzi tub, and it's own little back porch. For being an old house it was pretty updated it had central heat/ac as well as the remodeled bathroom in our room. However, even with all the updates it still kept the older home charm! The outside was rich with shade from tons of old oak trees which added to the charm of the place. Obviously we had no choice but to stay here the day we passed thru but, if ever I'm in Marathon again voluntarily I would pick this place to stay at again. As I said on my blog we had a tree fall in the middle of the night obstructing the view of the inn from the front but, you can go to their website to see it!
the room
travelman727 says:
Nice review! Rustic room, jacuzzi tub, charming locale - $100; tree-falling entertainment - priceless :-D
Posted on: Dec 11, 2007