Captain Cook

Menenstraat 3, Ieper, Belgium

Captain Cook Ieper Reviews

Anadria Anadria
Delicious food and friendly staff for a fair price May 15, 2017
On our first night in Ypres we ended up in this restaurant because the owner of our hotel had suggested it to us.

The menu is varied. There's something for everyone: pasta, pizza, steak, chicken, Flemish stew, salads.

We were served very promptly and the waiters were all very friendly. Our food arrived within timely manner as well, although something went wrong when delivering the order to the kitchen and my pizza did not come. I immediately asked the owner (who is always visibly present in her restaurant, which I think is a major plus) if my food was still going to come and she immediately took action. Two minutes later the miscommunication was brought to light and they assured my food would be with me within 5-7 minutes, which it was. The owner immediately offered me a drink on the house. She apologised about a million times and she genuinely felt bad about what had happened. Honestly, she was so friendly and handled the situation in such a good manner, there really were no hard feelings.

In fact, we were so charmed by the way they handled things, that we went back the following night. This time, we all got our food at the same time and it was delicious once again. I have genuinely never eaten chicken in a restaurant that tasted this good. It was fantastic. The owner still remembered us from the night before and was so glad that we returned - despite what had happened - that she offered us all a drink on the house, this time.

So, what can I say? Excellent food, extremely friendly staff, an owner that genuinely cares about her customers and an extremely pleasant experience. I can only recommend this restaurant and the next time I'm in Ypres, I will go back. That chicken really is to die for!

Compare Ypres Hotel Rates (0.1km away)

Ieper Map