Captain Americas

(01) 671 5266

Captain Americas Dublin Reviews

danorwick danorwick
Sep 02, 2007
I tried my best to find somewhere in this city to get a decent meal at a decent price, or even an interesting local menu for a little more (bear in mind I'm just out of uni!). However I falied and ended up going to pretty faceless Italian, Chinese and American eateries, with a few trips to Londis and Spar thrown in. Of all the restaurants, this was the pick of them. The food was pretty standard US themed fare, and the shop was tagged as something like "Dublin's number one rock restaurant". It wasn't very rock at all, but had some pics of celebrities up on the wall. The choice of burgers, steaks and some Mexican-type food was not inspiring, I had the chili con carne and was pretty impressed by the serving size, and I must admit it was pretty tasty in an unexciting way.

The place was no more expensive than anywhere else in Dublin, and better value than most. The service was friendly and attractive, and the beer was cheaper than most pubs. However, the "Happy Hour" was a lot longer than an hour, and therefore they must have correlated this to a reduction on the savings on cocktails. In conclusion I do not whole heartedly endorse this place, but in comparison to the Pizza Express (in Dublin called "Milano") I'd choose this every time (cos that place sucked).
Eric says:
Thanks for the tips -- coming to Dublin in a week and it's good to know your tips!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2007