Caprice

Chalton Street, London, United Kingdom

Caprice London Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Caprice Jun 29, 2010
Caprice is a Mediterranean restaurant very close to Euston Station in London. I’m afraid I didn’t take photos – I was running late for a train (my fault not theirs!).

Caprice is about four minutes walk from Euston, very close to the British Library and not far from Kings Cross/ St Pancreas. Despite this, it is down a side street and quiet. The whole front of the restaurant can open up in summer, so that you can either eat at a table on the pavement or inside but close enough to the open front that you get the air. The décor is pleasant and airy (and orange, at least for the pavement tables) and there is a nice feeling of space. Helpfully, given where it is, there is also a large clock set about three minutes fast, so you know when you have to start thinking about your train.

The service is excellent too – when I was there, there were two lovely friendly waitresses and the food is prompt. It’s also excellent. My quest for the perfect mushroom and chicken risotto is at an end – this one was creamy and rich, and had real stock in it, and was peppery without being hot. I love this risotto. I didn’t have time for dessert, but the ones that came out to other tables looked fantastic.

Prices were reasonable – about £13 for one course dinner and wine, although admittedly I had one of the cheaper dishes.

I will definitely be going back, next time I have a train to catch from Euston and time for dinner first.

Check London Hotel Deals