Capoeira Da Rua

5001 Evans Avenue, Austin, TX, USA

Capoeira Da Rua Austin Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Small capoeira class when visiting Austin Oct 26, 2011
While visiting Austin Texas in March 2011, I looked up several capoeira schools. I found Capoeira Da Rua and at that time, classes were held at Ridgetop Elementary School; adult classes are now held at the Griffin School while children's classes are still held at Ridgetop.

I contacted the guy at the school before arriving in Austin and he answered all of my questions. The classes were held in the school gym, but I don't know what the new place looks like. His website is basic, but is always up to date. The guy who taught the class teaches capoeira, teaches kids' safety classes, and does a warrior boot camp (I don't think he teaches kick boxing anymore).

The class was small, but sometimes it's good to have attention placed on you-it allows more room for feedback and improvement sometimes. The major downside is that he only has 2 classes a week for an hour each and I guess I am just used to playing more at Capoeira Males here in DC.

So, whether you're visiting or live in Austin, you can give Capoeira Da Rua a try (if you're up to the challenge!)

Check Austin Hotel Deals