Capitol Hill Bookstore

657 C Street SE, Washington, DC, USA

Capitol Hill Bookstore Washington Reviews

o_dog o_dog
start hunting here if you need books to read for your trip May 06, 2010
One of my current habits when I travel these days is to find a local, non-chain bookstore. I think of them as a treasure chest where you don’t know that you’ll be getting a surprise in form of a rare book. I have visited a number of local, secondhand bookstores this year and so silly of me because I was so excited of finding each one and getting immersed in the endless shelves of books I forgot to document the whole visit! Well, it’s not going to happen this time.

Capitol Hill bookstore is located just across from the Eastern Market Metro stop in Washington DC. The lady manager was very nice to me as she started to comment whether I was planning on moving to Provence (judging from the consistent theme of the Southern region of France from the books I bought – exactly the treasure I’d been looking for). We ended up talking about – more like I, listening to – her story when she was years and years younger gallivanting in Europe and hitchhiking her way across Western European cities and beautiful places, including Provence. It was an amazing story.

Check Washington Hotel Deals