Capitol Greenz

Various, Washington, DC, USA

Capitol Greenz Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Paninis, soups and salads Sep 27, 2011
On a constant search for a food truck at lunchtime on a Friday, I ended up at the Capitol Greenz truck. I was actually in search of my 1st Yellow Vendor truck (Korean BBQ), but it moved by the time I got to the Navy Yard.

As noted in a previous review about the lunch truck phenomenon here in DC, it has taken over and Capitol Greenz is one of many. They move around and can be found on any given day via their Twitter account, their FB page or on www.foodtruckfiesta.com

Each day, they list 2 panini sandwiches they are featuring. And for $7, you get a hot sandwich and a bag of chips. They also sell soup and salads and juice. I asked for the roast beef with provolone, but asked to have the onions removed. He said he would, but by the time I walked back to my car and started eating, I saw the onions in there-maybe he forgot to take them out before the cheese melted all over them. I also asked if he could take the horseradish sauce off, but here's the thing, the sandwiches are already made.

It was my only option, it didn't really enjoy my sandwich, this is maybe the 2nd panini I have ever had and have no reason to go look for this truck again, but maybe you will enjoy it. The other reason they got my business is that I was online at another truck, but they only took cash...Capitol Greenz accepts debit cards (another little bonus).

Check Washington Hotel Deals