Capital Residence Suites Brunei

Simpang 2

Capital Residence Suites Brunei Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Very convenient hotel Jun 06, 2016
I stayed the capital residens hotel for 4nights. The hotel is away from the airport about 30min.

One of my highly recommendation about this hotel is pick up service from airport-hotel for free. Also they do any driving service for the guests staying there.

I had a chance to ask about that servis to the manager. He said the hotel is still new as this president yet then they wants to have something different with otehers. They doesn't have any restaurants at the hotel,this is why they started just sending guests to restaurants or any other places for guest's offered.

In fact this is very nice as the taxi in Brunei is not so cheap as they doesn't make price with a meter,there are original price 25km,50km,75km...like that. If you have to take taxi just for 5km it is the same price as for 25km.

I went to the night market riding the van from the hotel,then they will pick up us after 2 hours for back home. The other people had to wait the taxi which they ride to here and already paied round fee as they wanted to keep the driver...but no way to contact them. Our van is like a private van.

Actuarlly when I asked to take pictures at the several places on the way back hotel,then made that.

The hotel staff is very helpful. They could make all I wanted to do in Brunei perfectly.

The room is not huge but it was enough for me to stay alone.

If you aske about dry laundry they make it just by tip.

The location is near the mosque,you can get there by foot,and post office,morning market,some cafe are close to there.

I just have to write a note especially for woman:

I didn't like A driver. He said to me "Kawaii (pretty)" during I was riding alone on the van. Also he told me that he want to stop his house,half obsession. I felt scary. I told him "NO" and just go back hotel directly strongaly because he asked me that several times.

When I off to the airport,I just asked the manager if he could change the driver because I don't like him. Then the manager sent me to the airport instead him.

There is nothing happened this is why I won't to take up job from him. Also the hotel was very good expect that experience and hotel doesn't know.

The women especially if you were traveling alone just be careful everywhere.
yasuyo says:
Thank you for the congrats.

monkeymia79: Thank you for you say that. It makes me feel comfortable posting about that :)
monkeymia79 says:
Congratulations on the featured review Yasuyo.

I think you were right to post about the driver, as women we do need to keep safe and if he made you uncomfortable then that's not right.

Thank you for the honest review.
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review of the day! :D
FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Stay in a Suite at the Capital Residence Suites Jan 01, 2015
Choosing a hotel in Bandar Seri Begawan can be tricky considering Brunei is one of those countries that does not really bother much about tourism (they are too rich to bother i guess) thus not many hotels.

We had actually wanted to stay at the Radisson Blue which was quite close to this hotel but on the main road. Unfortunately it was booked out even though we try to do our booking 2 months in advance!

So we settled for 3 nights at Capital Residence Suites. We had initally booked a deluxe room before finally transferred to the family suite.

Deluxe room:

1. We were located at 2nd floor. We were quite shocked at how the room was designed. There is only 1 small window & facing the corridor! - this means you must always have your window curtains closed otherwise people passing by your room can see through your room!

2. The size of the room, its pretty small. you can only afford to walk around your bed to get to the bathroom.

3. No in-room safe (which i guess is should not pose a problem since theft is dealt heavily in this country!)

4. There was a connecting room door in our room!

5. Thin walls. I can people coming back to their room since our room faces the corridor & we can hear the entire conversation the man in the connecting room is having & he was always coughing & talking loudly on the phone at 3 am!

So the next morning i decided to ask for a room switch (I also complained i could not sleep at all). I spoke to the Manager & he was so so kind. He brought us to the only available room - the family suite & asked us whether this room would suit us better before he hand us the keys to the room. Of course i agreed especially at no extra costs! My husband was already prepared to pay for the additional costs for a better room.

Family suite:

1. Situated at the end/ corner of each floor, our room was Level 3 or 4 - thus very quiet.

2. There is a fully furnished living room, a dining room, a full kitchen with cooking facilities, washing machine & tumbler, 2 fully furnished bed rooms with a bathroom each.

3. This is indeed a family room fit for parents with 2 kids as 1 room has twin beds & the other room has a King size bed. Each room has its own television.

Breakfast spread was simple : coffee/ tea, bread, local deserts (cakes & tarts), packets of rice (the staff bought it from the local market!!).

So to conclude I will recommend this hotel for:

1. The excellent service. Staff spoke good English. From the front line to the Manager all very friendly & helpful in advising us where to go for food, shopping & arranging a tour for us to visit Ulu Temburong National Park.

2. Free shuttle service to around Bandar Seri Begawan! For an example, we wanted to have dinner and visit the Grand Mosque so the driver drove us to dinner, left us there & came back again to pick us up after our dinner to bring us to the mosque, left us there & came back later to fetch us from the mosque & drove us back to the hotel! It is like having your own private guide/ chauffeur (but free)!

3. Free airport shuttle.

4. If you stay in the Suite or Family suite.

5. Walking distance to Royal Regalia Building, an eating place (open only evenings) & (Mosque) Masjid Omar Ali Saifuddien Brunei.

So for the 1st time in Brunei, we were very pleased with this personalised service. I dont think Radisson offers free transport all around Bandar Seri Begawan as we see the guests there walking out from the hotels instead of being driven around like us.

My apologies as i am unable to trace the pictures of the deluxe room which i had taken using my mobile.
Capital Residence Suites
Family Suite Living room
The twin room in Family Suite
The other room in Family Suite
FoxyFauz says:
Thank you for the congrats guys! Hope it helps!
Posted on: Jan 05, 2015
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Posted on: Jan 03, 2015
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Jan 03, 2015