Capital Hilton

Capital Hilton Rates and Deals

Capital Hilton Washington Reviews

keypunker22 keypunke…
Nickel and dime all the way May 27, 2011
Stay here if you love getting nickel and dimed.

***Most hotels nowadays offer COMPLIMENTARY wifi. Nope! Not this place! $13.95 for 24 hours! Conveniently billed to your hotel or to your credit card!

***Parking is a beast in D.C. This hotel takes full advantage of you. They charge $42/day for parking in their parking garage which is almost 3x as much as parking a half block away at PMI (Parking Management Inc.) for $16/day...plus PMI offers early bird specials--$10/day if you park by 9:30am.

***My room was comfortable but it did not have a microwave or a refrigerator. I will repeat this. MY ROOM DID NOT HAVE A MICROWAVE OR A REFRIGERATOR.

Now I understand that this hotel has a great location. But, they do take full advantage of this. My room was comfortable, but small. Again, the hotel was nice with a great location, but these three indisputable facts above made me decide to give it this low rating and I will not stay there anymore.
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: May 31, 2011
chiawombat chiawomb…
Great Location... Undergoing Renovations Nov 29, 2010
I stayed at the Capital Hilton for three days to attend a conference that was being held at the hotel. The conference facilities were really nice, and the lunch served at during the conference was among the best banquet food I've had.

== Location ==

The location really can't be beat. You are right down the street from the White House and it's quick and easy to walk to the Metro.

== Hotel ==

The lobby area and front desk staff were all very nice. The hotel offers a shuttle service (for cost) to Washington Dulles airport. Given how far out of the city the airport is, this was a huge bonus for me.

As previously mentioned, I attended a conference here. The meeting rooms were all very nice and spacious. I was really blown away by the quality of food served for lunch -- typically you get a box lunch, or dry chicken type of deal, but the quality was great.

This is a historical hotel that was undergoing renovations while I was staying there. My travel companion was on a floor that was already renovated; however, I was on one that wasn't. My floor smelled historical... almost like an old book. I know some people are into that, but I found it unsettling, and it probably contributed to my not enjoying this hotel as much as I otherwise would've.

== Room ==

As a guest in a non-renovated room, I felt like the decor was dated and worn, and it had a mustiness. The bed was comfortable enough, and the bathroom was small but utilitarian. Some nitpicky stuff: I had a view of the building next to me, and the soundproofing wasn't the best (I could hear my neighbors watching Leno). Wifi cost enough that I wouldn't have purchased it if I weren't traveling for work (and had to have it).

== Overall ==

If you want to book here, make sure you request a renovated room while booking, because I understand that makes all the difference. My colleague LOVED staying here, while I just found it average.

Capital Hilton Overview

This 3-star hotel is set in central Washington D.C., a five minute walk from McPherson Square, Farragut Square and The Washington Post. The area is famous for shopping. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and a fitness centre as well as a concierge, a business centre and meeting rooms. The hotel is a five-minute walk from many attractions including 1090 Vermont Avenue, Lafayette Building and Major General James B. McPherson.

The Capital Hilton features a day spa, offering a range of massage treatments and beauty therapy. For added convenience, it provides conference room(s), a 24 hour reception and a sauna. For an easy and effortless check-in and departure experience, take advantage of the Capital Hilton's express check-in/check-out facility which minimises the usual hassles letting you get on with your trip.

The Capital Hilton's neighbourhood is a popular nightlife destination and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on which place to go. Guests can order room service any time of the day.

Capital Hilton Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower