Capilano Suspension Bridge

Vancouver, Canada

Capilano Suspension Bridge Vancouver Reviews

dardeb dardeb
Breathtaking fun park in incredible nature setting Jul 11, 2011
Capilano Suspension Bridge and Park are a must experiece for anybody who enjoys nature.

Park is set in amazing dense pine tree forest. In the middle of the forest is the 140m long suspension bridge hanging 70m above the canyon. Trees are huge, about 100m tall and few meters wide. I don't have to tell you that it smells divine!

When you enter the park and pass the big suvenir shop and cafe, you'll get to the canyon and the bridge. It is not so scary as it looks. It does rock quiet a bit, but it has high fence and feels really safe. On the other side you'll find a small coffee place where you can sit to calm down if crossing the bridge was too exciting :) Their coffee is not so good, so if you're into real coffee you better get it somewhere else.

When you cross the bridge you'll see many pathways throughout the forest. One of them, to your right, leads to the Treetop Adventure park, another wonderful experience! It is cleverly made of many smaller suspension bridges that connect big pine trees. I absoulutely loved it and just couldn't get enought. Even my parents, older people, were very impressed and we just kept walking and exploring this spectacular park.

I know that a new attraction has been open, it's a cliff walk over the canyon, just before you cross the bridge on your right. They were finishing it when I was there. Wish I could try this too, it looked great, and so close to the bridge you have wonderful views of the bridge, the canyon and the dense forest on the other side. I guess I'll just have to go back :)

The only downfall I guess is the very high price, $30. It is a spectacular sight, so if you like this kind of thing then it's worth the money. For me it was.
when you enter the park
Capilano suspension bridge hanging…
yes, I really crossed the bridge .…
Capilano river .. view from the br…
alyssa_ob says:
Nice photos! That place looks exciting! I hope I can get there!
Posted on: Mar 03, 2015
SummerLove1984 SummerLo…
Fabulous! Apr 06, 2011
Had a fabulous time at the suspension bridge in Vancouver, Canada!

I would definitely recommend this adventure to anyone that loves the outdoors :)

It has fabulous scenery and lovely walking tours!

There is plenty to do for all ages, and the scenery is captivating and beautiful!
Vikram says:
It's extremely pricey though. There's a free one a few miles away. And the thing is, it got over so soon. Very limited space. :-( The saving grace however were the amazing cakes at the tea shop.
Posted on: Jul 11, 2011
travelman727 says:
Nice review :-D Like you, I enjoyed the gorgeous views!
Posted on: Apr 14, 2011
jmh88 jmh88
Great Nature Experience May 15, 2011
I went up to Capilano Suspension Bridge expecting to just see a bridge cross it & that would it. However I was pleasantly surprised it was much more then that. You do cross the bridge but they give you a full back ground on when it was built who has owned it an info on the Canadian Natives & the tribes who lived on the sight.

Also one you cross the bridge (which even if your cool with heights will still give you butterflies as the bridge wobbles with every step) there are great nature walks that you can do on the ground or in the treetops!

They also have a cliff walk which unfortunately wasn't open yet but I will be taking my family there in november when they are over from OZ especially my mum (cos she hates heights)

Great morning out & I had a lovely lunch... I wouldn't allow mor than a morning for it but it's definitely a beautiful place to see.
tridantri tridantri
Capilano Suspension Bridge Sep 10, 2009
This attraction is located to the north of Vancouver. There are plenty of buses that will take you here.

The bridge is 70m high and 137m long. When you step on it you can feel it swing beneath although you can rest assured that it is firmly anchored in place by reinforced steel. There are some great views of the river below from the bridge.

The bridge is only one part of the experience as there are plenty of other things to do and see. There is a treetop adventure course, which allows you to walk on a platform high in the trees. If hight's are not your thing then there are plenty of paths at ground level from which you can enjoy the scenery and wildlife. There is also a Totems park where you can admire the handywork required to make a Totem pole.

There are cafes on site but I would advise you to take your own food and drink as they are expensive.
Karzy Karzy
Sep 12, 2007
Capilano Suspension Bridge has amazing views, one of the largest suspension bridges in North America and there is also a tree-tops thingy you can do as well. Its just down from Grouse Mountain where you can take a gondola up to the top to see all the views and have lunch at the top.

Related Travel Blogs About Capilano Suspension Bridge

Pacific Coast Totems
Wherever totems are found today they serve as a reminder of a time when the First Nations People tribes dominated the pacific coastline from the Puget Sound area of Seattle Washington through the Ins…Vancouver and the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Regional Park of North Vancouver. Understanding totems is a major undertaking, although…
Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Living Forest
    So after leaving the beautiful gardens...we headed over to the Capilano suspension Bridge and the Canopy Forest before it closed it's doors.  I would not want to have to wande…Capilano Suspension Bridge...Bungy Walking. The bridge spans 450 feet across and 230 feet above North Vancouver's Capilano River…
Time To Get Going
Well we started off our day with going to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, in North Vancouver. It was very cold morning! I was not use to the coldness of Vancouver lol. It was pretty cool, w…Capilano Suspension Bridge, in North Vancouver. It was very cold morning! I was not use to the coldness of Vancouver

Check Vancouver Hotel Deals