Cape Town, South Africa
??? ??? ????

Cape Town Reviews

masonlacoste masonlac…
Aug 18, 2007
As a backpacker Cape Town is one of my favorite Cities. Although the public transport is lousy and at night it is dangerous to walk the streets alone the vibe makes up for the down falls. S. Africa has an interesting history and is loaded with adventure seeking trips. All of the hostels in S. Sfrica work as travel ajents too so the best thing to do is just go there and then make a plan when you get there.

The harbor area is worth going for an afternoon. it is loaded with cafes and has a great view of the city and Table MT. There is a tourist bus that takes you all around the city including T-Mt. a bunch of cool beaches downtown atractions and the Harbor area. We took it and the tour was lame but is got us where we needed to go and the frequency of the buss was OK.

From Cape Town there are loads of day trips that you can take. The trips I took were: Bike/Hike Cape Point tour, Township tour, Great White Shark Cage Diving and the dobble drcker bus tour I mentioned.

Bike/Hike- Although I could have done this trip on our own It was nice meeting other backpackers and our guide was informitive. The price was right too. I think it was around $25USD.

Township Tour-During Apartide the black refugies of the city created townships outside of the city. It is nothing more than a shanty town made on coriagated steel but to be apart of the community for the day is something I'll never forget. The guides on the tour either grew up in the townships and or still live in the community.

Cage Diving- The day we went the surf was rockin so some of the passengers helped out by putting out there own chum line. One of the guys puked on my head while I was in the cage. I was pissed.

We saw 4-3 sharks and each made 3-4 passes. One of the sharks smashed into the cage while I was in it. I have video check it out on myspace.
aviatorram says:
Here's an article on doing a Road trip in the Mother City, just thought of sharing with you.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2015
jmatyczuk says:
hello, just wondering you could help? I am planning to travel there next year, how much was the shark cage thing?
Posted on: Mar 25, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Cape Town

Cape Town
South Africans call Cape Town "The Mother City" as it was the first place in the country settled by Europeans. The origninal inhabitants were the Khoisan, a group of people living in Southern Afric…Cape Town. It kind of feels like a world of its own. Cape Town from Table…
Did i make a right choice?
    Finally I can off to my personal trip after working 3weeks in Port Elizabeth;) Before I made decision to extend my trip to Cape Town, I was warned by many peoples “ hey don&rsq…Cape Town, I was warned by many peoples “ hey don’t go to South Africa / Cape
Day 21: Klawer - Cape Town
And so we headed out to Cape Town, the last day of our tour. We woke up at the crack of dawn and after a quick breakfast and a final group photo we set out. The three hour drive down to Cape Town was…Cape Town, the last day of our tour. We woke up at the crack of dawn and after…

Check Cape Town Hotel Deals