Cape Town Airport

Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town Airport Reviews

vicke vicke
Jun 27, 2007
OR Tambo Airport was snowed under, causing a backlog of flights. Flights out of Cape Town were delayed - up to six hours, apparently. I was due to fly at 08h40, arrived around 07h30 thanks to wonderful airport shuttle avoiding all the traffic, and finally got to fly after 13h00. Missing my connecting flight.

The departure lounge has limited seating, floor space filled up quickly making it difficult for the paramedics to get to the passengers requiring emergency assistance. Worse still, public announcements were few and far between, leaving passengers in the dark as to the prospects of their flights ever leaving, and the screens announcing flight departures just quietly kept shifting times later and later.

Eventually - about 12 - apologies were issued for the delay and free coffee offered from two of the outlets. Which didn't help the toilet queues any - I caused minor consternation by using the men's, where there was no queue.

Shoddy service, an uncaring attitude towards passengers coupled with the terrible state of the airport currently (it's like an obstacle course - one large building site) made it a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

Bring on 2010. I'd love to see them cope....

Related Travel Blogs About Cape Town Airport

The Horror, the Horror II
If it were funny, it might pass as a Comedy of Errors. As it stood, it was more tragedy than farce. From the start - the delays in booking, the trouble amassing the great pile of documents the Ozzies…Cape Town airport in good time, I was in good spirits. Which were very soon to be dashed…
Out of Africa Kicking and Screaming
Day 16 - Departing South Africa The long dreaded day has arrived.  I'm not sure if it was the flights coming up or the fact that we were leaving South Africa and the wonderful people we met her…airportCape Town is a beautiful city.  Cape Town airport, at this time, leaves…
At the airport!!! - Cape Town
First destination of the trip, arrival time 8:00 AM 9th of Feb 2008 Slept the whole 12 hours flight which was great, then I got stock in the luggage queue, and of course the British Airways apologie…airport. I started to go to my friend using his direction, and I was really impressed to know that in South Africa , Cape Town

Check Cape Town Hotel Deals