Cape Range National Park

(08) 9949 1176

Cape Range National Park Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Cape Range National Park Jun 25, 2010
Cape Range is a fairly small national park for Australian standards with a size of only just over 50.000 hectares. It runs along the coast and hence got about 50 kilometres of beaches along the park. The park is close to Exmouth but you still need a car or to get a ride to reach the park. Supposedly there is a bus shuttle out there as well for about 50 Australian dollars but it didn't seem to be running when I visited the park.

The park is equipped with a big visitor centre and you can camp out in the park. The campsites got limited facilities without showers, electricity and kitchen. And you need to bring your own water for drinking and cocking. For day use you'll have access to picnic tables and pit toilets spread across the park.

The main attractions of the park are some hiking trails down in the southern end of the park in the area around Yardie Creek. And the beaches where there are great snorkelling opportunities. You will also be able to go to bird spotting along the coast and in the late afternoon the kangaroos will come out from their hiding places.

Unfortunately the road down there was closed because of maintenance when I went hence I don't know what the hikes are like. Instead I focused on the other main feature in the park - the snorkelling. Even at the most popular spots you will only see a group of 20 to 30 people on the beach and at the less popular beaches you might be the only one on the beach.

Just off the beach you can go snorkelling on the inner part of the Ningaloo Reef. At some places the outer reef is so close to the beach that you can actually just swim out to outer reef. The visibility is somewhat limited at the area where you meet the outer reef. So it is mainly to try out the swell at the outer reef you might want to go out there. At other places there are quite a strong current hence the swimming aren't suited for weak swimmers - but for average to strong swimmers it is quite enjoyable to float along the coast carried by the current.

Related Travel Blogs About Cape Range National Park

Drifting along the coast
It’s a pretty ordinary day so I start the day more or less the same way I start every day. I go for breakfast. But I am not the only one down at the common breakfast area this morning - I got c…Cape Range National Park. It is nice little national park along the coast of and the Ningaloo…
Here we go again
I actually want to go diving one more time today - but things didn’t really turn out that way. The dive I wanna go to is not going today so I have to do something else. The city is not really a…Cape Range one more time. I met a group of divers from the Perth dive club yesterday and most of the group is heading out to go snorkeling…
Road Trip - North - Perth to Exmouth
Gooday mates!!!! Well we have been in Oz for about 2 weeks now and we are really getting into the swing of things round here - the sun, the beaches, the long long straight roads, barbies, we ha…Cape Range national park and Ningaloo Reef. This is where we saw our first alive kangaroo…
Cape Range National Park Map