Cape Henry Inn

Cape Henry Inn - View from the room
Cape Henry Inn - View of Norfolk from the room
Cape Henry Inn - Moon setting from the room
Cape Henry Inn - Bed

Compare Virginia Beach Hotel Rates (8.5km away)

Cape Henry Inn Fort Story Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Cheap Digs for Retired Military Nov 26, 2004
The Cape Henry Inn at Ft. Story is open to anyone who has a military ID (active duty, retiree, DOD) and they take reservations up to a year in advance. The rates are on a sliding scale depending on the time of year. Thar time of year in 2004 it was $29/night. In March when we come back it will be $35, and it goes way up in the summer.

From our room we could see the Bridge Tunnel and ships anchored waiting for tugs or pilots. Local calls are 35 cents each - they have public internet, but you have to pay for it. I had a hard time logging onto the internet from the room and used the 800# (and pay extra) for a little while. After I did that, of course, I could log on with the regular number.

The second time we came we were on the third floor, with a room numbered in the 200s. But there was an elevator. It was a handicapped room, and had a big shower with a stool, and enormous bathroom, and a mini-fridge, two burner stove and sink. There was also a coffee pot and toaster, plus eating utensils and plates, and some pots and pans

In the morning we went up to the meeting room where they said there would be a free continental breakfast. This was coffee, orange juice or apple juice, donuts, bread (and toaster), and various kinds of cold cereal and various kinds of milk. No tea or tea bags although one of the guys used the coffee maker to make hot water. So we each had a donut and some juice. It was free so I can't complain.
Bob walking in to the Fort Story I…
Bed
Moon setting from the room
View of Norfolk from the room

Compare Virginia Beach Hotel Rates (8.5km away)

Fort Story Map