Created in 1712, Capas is the oldest towns of Tarlac along with Bamban (1710), Paniqui (1574) and Tarlac (1686). Its creation was justified by numerous settlements which are already established in the river banks of Cut-Cut River since the advent of the eighteenth century. The settlements belonged to the domain of Pagbatuan and Gudya, the two sitios united by Capitan Mariano Capiendo when he founded the municipality.
Capas hosts the United States Naval Military Station until the Americans abandoned it during the powerful Mt. Pinatubo eruption in 1991. Similarly, it is the terminal point of the infamous Death March during the Second World War. The Capas Concentration Camp, now known as Capas National Shrine, was originally established at Camp O'Donnell in 1940. Capas is blessed with natural resources that brim with beauty and splendor. It is the gateway to the sensational Mt. Pinatubo that buried the town with thick ashes in 1991. Capas, as a tourist destination offers more than anyone know.
Angeles City is a first class city located in the central plains of Pampanga province in Luzon, about 80km. (50 miles) north of Metro Manila.
Until the early 90s, the economy of Angeles C…