Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant

406 East Kansas Ave, Garden City, KS, USA
Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant  - mmm food!
Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant  - Plain but still enjoyable veg spring rolls.. I really wished there was basil or cilantro inside..
Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant  - Dad playing on his phone as I finished my second cup of tea limeade. :)
Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant  - Almost done
Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant  - another interior.. simple but could use something extra to warm and step it up.. but it was clean!
Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant  - The most awesome Tea Limeade.. I will be dreaming of these tonight
Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant  - See all noodle and some lettuce..

Cao Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant Garden City Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Need to eat in Garden City, KS? Eat here! Sep 29, 2013
There are not many options for a vegetarian/vegan in Garden City, KS - I mean, outside my hotel window is a sign that reads "EAT BEEF, STAY SLIM" and the mere mention of a vegetable around the locals has produced some impressive "YUK" faces...

But today I found one the better places to eat today and the only one that I feel the urge to suggest it to anyone that happens on this almost unheard of Western Kanas city.

Cao Thanh is one of two Vietnamese in town. From the outside it was booming with a full lot. The exterior was nice and I was expecting a more upscale interior, but it lacked in atmosphere. Interior was cold and sterile, nothing like the food.

The menu was at first a bit of a disappointment for me as a veg. They had a full menu with ONE dish set aside for vegetarians. stir fry vegs with white rice.

I looked at the rest of the menu and saw that they had fried rices and vermicelli and other dishes that looked like they could easily be created without meat. I asked our server and he said it was not a problem! I asked for the veggies stir fried with the vermicelli with an app of fresh spring rolls and tea limeade to drink.

The spring rolls were a bit of a miss. they filled it only with noodles and lettuce. no other vegs. but the veg stir fry was delicious! not overly sauced or lacking the good vegetables. The tea limeade was AWESOME! I had two glasses of it and if my father was willing to sit around and watch me drink a third I would have ordered another one! :)

Prices were decent. most dishes were less than $10.

service was good. Our server was very helpful with my order and our food was obviously prepared fresh. My father the carnivore really enjoyed his meal and he is even pickier than I am.

Def a place to go to if you should find yourself in Garden City
Plain but still enjoyable veg spri…
interior
The most awesome Tea Limeade.. I w…

Check Garden City Hotel Deals