Canyons on I 70 West of Green River

Green River, Utah

Canyons on I 70 West of Green River Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Scenic Interstate 70, Green River, Utah USA Dec 05, 2016
I got up early on Mt. Nebo Road. I had coffee and breakfast. I washed the dishes and still had plenty of time to pick up Sylvia in Salt Lake City. (They flew and I drived and camped). I got to Salt Lake City and picked up Sylvia who was researching there. We drove south on I 15 for a while then I turned off. She asked where we were going but I kept quiet. Before long she found herself on the Mt. Nebo Road. Sylvia can appreciate a good set of mountains so we drove slowly getting out occasionally to check out the aspens. It was lightly raining out so we drove to low on the far side and camped by the cottonwoods below where it was dry. I happened to have a few NY strips steaks and a big potato that I sliced and put the frypan on low so we could forget about cooking. We later had a good dinner and I washed the dishes. Then we settled down to bed in my truck with a well used campershell. (Dry even if it rains.)

The next morning we had miles to make so we drank coffee for a pleasant while in the trees then took coffee mugs with closable lids and we were off. We didnt take the shortest road because I herd of some nice canyons along the interstate west of Green River. After many hours of driving we found the first of the interstate scenic overlooks...a nice white canyon. The last time I was there you could camp at the overlooks but couldnt pitch a tent there. We took our time then drove to the second overlook a reddish thing. Not long there then we stopped at the third overlook. They were all different but the forth overlook was really different. The whole interstate drove into a tall narrow canyon.

We thought of camping there but I didnt want to hear semis all night. We pressed on but before we left Utah I drove a mile off on a dirt road...not scenic but no traffic noise.
Utah, I 70