Canyon Lake, Arizona

Tortilla Flat, Arizona

Canyon Lake, Arizona Tortilla Flat Reviews

BASAIC BASAIC
See Beautiful Canyon Lake Mar 08, 2017
Canyon Lake is located just off Arizona Highway 88 "The Apache Trail". It is 10 miles long and has 28 miles of shoreline, and is next to Saguaro Lake on the west and Apache Lake on the east. There are lots of boating, camping and picnicking opportunities all along the shore. Game fish including Walleye, Trout, Bass, Bluegill, Catfish and Crappie abound in the lake. At the west end of the lake is the Precision Marina. The marina offers boat rentals, fishing equipment, and other services. If you do not have the time to stop at the lake, at least pull off the road at the Canyon Lake Vista and take in the view. Hours for the marina are 8AM to 6PM May through Labor Day; 8AM to 5PM Labor Day through November; 9AM to 4PM December through February; and 8AM to 5PM March and April. (480) 986-0969.
Canyon Lake Vista Viewpoint
jumpingnorman jumpingn…
My favorite lake to enjoy near the Apache Trail Sep 03, 2014
I love this lake, just because it has nice beach areas where our young kids can swim at, specially during the summer.

Canyon Lake, located 16 miles outside of Apache Junction on state route 88, is one of our favorites. The drive going east from Phoenix takes approximately an hour, with amazing scenery, highlighted by the majestic Superstition Mountains.

You will have to reserve parking here through the Tonto National Forest website, just about $7 per car and just specifiy the date you are going to be by the lake. You print the parking permit and leave it visible through your car windshield. Otherwise, you will have to buy a parking permit at any of the nearby gas stations in Apache Junction. There is no guard booth at the lake itself to buy the parking tickets from.

Of the three recreation sites by the water, we bring our young twins to the first one, the Acacia Picnic Site. Our “Jumping Twins”, as we call them, enjoy swimming in the shallow waters from 5-7 PM with the summer sun less intense and the water warm. Fishing for trout or bass, boating and jet skiing are also popular in the area. But for me, my favorite thing to do is simply setting up a foldable chair on the water and just taking in the view as our Jumping Twins play with the sand and look for little clams.
Fishing at Canyon Lake, Arizona
My aunt setting up chairs at Canyo…
Canyon Lake, Arizona