Canton

Casino Level 1

Canton Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Canton Oct 19, 2016
I find Canton one of the finest Chinese Restaurants, but also one of the most expensive ones. This may be due to its location in the Venetian Macao.

The requirement to book a private room is to spend a minimum of MOP 2,000. This is EASILY achievable considering its high and mighty price.

There were 8 of us to a table in a private room, and had the set menu which costs about MOP 1,400 per person. It comes with sharks fin soup (they still serve that in Macao?!), abalone, bird's nest, wagyu beef, asparagus, a few more that I don't recall. We ordered 3-4 bottles of wine plus a bottle of champagn, the total bill came up to over MOP 16,000!

It was a last minute thing but we asked for a birthday cake but they couldn't provide because it has to be booked in advance. I asked for their assistance to get one from any bakery outside, but it was around 8.30pm and they said it was probably too late, but they could try. Minutes later they said they got one last piece, but it was not a nice one (probably for kids with jelly beans and all)... so eventually they said they'd give it to us for free. Wow! Nice service!

Their restaurant actually closes at 10pm, but because we were late, we sat until about 11pm. They couldn't wait any longer and nicely told us that they're closed an hour before. Haha!

Overall, I'd give them points for their excellent service. Food was great but nothing differentiates them from other prestige Chinese restaurants.
trippin_jen says:
No, there are actually few feating arrangements like that by the side, but that's in the public. I liked it too! The room that we had was just a normal 4-wall room with TV (probably for karaoke) and a side couch.. Nothing special.
Posted on: Oct 26, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks for the review Jen.

I love the seating arrangement you shared, is this the private room?
Posted on: Oct 26, 2016