Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta

Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta Rates and Deals

Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta Reviews

liveurlife liveurli…
Air Canada Vacations Mar 12, 2011
Canto Del Sol is just off the main road to downtown and walking there takes 15 minutes. Wal Mart and the Pier to go on boats is 15 minutes walk in the other direction. 50 pesos taxi fare. Airport was close. I even ran into a work colleague at the resort.

The hotel was very family oriented and had many activities for children. I enjoyed my time here and I would recommend to anyone to stay here if they are a couple, or with a family group. Its not much of a single resort. I ventured here with a friend, her infant and kid sister.

The food was good I mostly ate non meat stuff. Santa Maria was good but eat the mahi mahi. This is the same menu from the restaurant in the back part on the roof, the ambience is nicer and its the same food same level of service. So pick Italian and Santa Maria.

Hope this helped you.
NickH82 NickH82
Great value for your money! Apr 07, 2011
If you are looking for 5-star luxury, Canto Del Sol is not for you. You are better staying at the Riu down the street.

If you are looking for a small, clean resort with amazing staff who are always willing to help, great buffets that always have a really good variety of choices and bartenders who remember what you drink...then come to Canto Del Sol!

The first room they gave me was pretty dated and worn and overlooked the back of the main buffets roof. The next morning when I went and asked for a different room, they immediately moved me to a poolside room that had recently been renovated - lesson learned - if you don´t ask you won´t get anything!
trbisa trbisa
Unhealty smoke filled enviroment Feb 04, 2010
Smokers paradise non smokers HELL

Positively speaking the resort is with the standard of the 3 stars and plus.

Unfortunately the Management ignores the non smokers rights.

We had a very comfortable room #306 nicely equipped partially good ocean view.

Arriving on the 16 January entering the room. it was horrible..

THE SMELL OF SMOKE WE CAN NOT describe.

Some maintenance person spread something which camouflaged the cigarette smoke smell and added some other unpleasant odor.

After several complains the answer is 'the guests are not supposed to smoke in the rooms" but the balconies OK. Well who can enforce this rule.

Conclusion, the cigarette or cigar smoke infiltrate into the neighboring rooms. the air conditioner units are interconnected and you can enjoy your neighbors stench. Do not use it!!

We consulted the issue with several officials, but we don't think They will do anything in the near future.

We suggested segregated section for smokers and non smokers accommodations.Plenty enough to mingle with the smokers around the pool and bars area.

Finlay arriving home our lungs slowly cleared out.

Very unfortunate this situation because the resort is lovely good service all around.

Too bad I can not recommend to any one who takes seriously "THE SMOKING KILLS"
do you know what I mean...
Beach gone
liveurlife says:
OH DON'T EXPECT TO GO SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN. THE ROCKS HIDING UNDER THE COLD DARK WATER, ARE HAZARDOUS AT THE BEACH AREA OF THE HOTEL. BE WARNED NOW.
Posted on: Feb 02, 2011
liveurlife says:
I stayed there in December 2010 and I found this as well. I don't smoke and the smokers seemed to linger in the lounge area by pool bar.
I also found although some may speak english, they may not have a working knowledge of what they are actually speaking. I took my name off a reservation for dinner I made with another party and they canceled their reservation after I repeatedly asked her if she would keep theirs the way it was and just remove me. Needless to say theirs was canceled and they blamed me and the hotel would not take responsibility and explain the situation to the other party and I lost a "friend" in the process. I also forgot my blackberry charger (the usb cube) in the room and asked if it could be saved for a friend who was going there in Jan, They said it was nowhere to be found. I tipped the maid everyday and yet I realize electronics are pricey in Mexico.
The food was good, the bar could have stayed open later than 12 at night. It is a FAMILY resort just so you know ahead of time you will see babies everywhere. Its not a party resort by any means.
Next time I travel I will be avoiding family resorts.
:) All in all it was good value for the price and star rating.
Posted on: Feb 02, 2011

Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta Overview

The hotel is located on Playa Las Glorias Beach, and guests will be able to spend time in the water or relaxing on the sand. They will also be able to visit some of the popular destinations in Puerto Vallarta, including the cafés, shops, and restaurants in the area around the Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta and downtown. The airport is located just 6 miles from the Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta. Guests will be able to walk to many popular tourist destinations, including the beach. It is possible for guests to find many forms of public transportation that can take them to other areas in and around the city that they want to see.

The rooms at the Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta include TVs, safes, bathrooms, and more. Guests can get hairdryers at the front desk.

The hotel has a pool, salon, volleyball court, and a fitness room where guests can stay in shape. Those staying at the Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Puerto Vallarta will also be able to dine at one of the three restaurants onsite or have a drink at the lobby bar.

Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Resort Amenities

• Windsurfing
  • Tennis Courts (indoor)
  • Water Activities
  • Volleyball
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Kayaking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower