Cantina

San Francisco, California

Cantina San Francisco Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Dec 29, 2007
Cantina is a fairly new bar around the corner from Union Square. It has amazing cocktails. It's hard to spot- look for a big pirate logo sign on a glass door. It's a small space but it somehow seems open and colorful. When we went, it was early for a Saturday night and there were a couple of stools available at the bar. There was a comfortable looking seating area in the back but it was occupied. You probably have to get there pretty early to claim the couches. After about an hour or so, there were a lot more people but it never seemed overly crowded. A DJ started spinning some mellow salsa, reggae, soul, etc.

I ordered a Pisco Punch and my friend ordered a Blackberry Cabernet Caipirinha and both were excellent. Really good and deceptively strong. And they had these perfect little ice cubes in them. Later I saw the bartender make someone a pisco sour with egg whites and all. I guess I know where I can try one until I get a chance to go to Peru. It's not a syrupy cocktail type of place so I think even a beer and whisky type male could feel comfortable ordering a cocktail here. The bartender took his time mixing our drinks and seemed very interested in making something we would enjoy. Check out their menu, your mouth will be watering at all the different choices. I can't wait to go back and try some more of thier creations!
jazme says:
Excellent post! Lots of beers and tequilas available and killer nacho's.

Watch a video of Cantina - Bar http://www.jippidy.com/watch/viewkey/f5a9133504de568f5f6d/Cantina-Bar-
Posted on: Sep 11, 2009
kamerachimera says:
oh wowee, i want to try this place!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2008