Cantina Laredo

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Cantina Laredo Abu Dhabi Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
tex-mex meets middle east Jun 04, 2010
Ever have the urge for mexican food but suddenly realize that you're in the middle east? Then head for cantina laredo in abu dhabi which is a popular hang out for both locals and the huge expat population.... although there are only a handful of mexicans in the UAE... arizonas new immigration law may change that!

The good: Huge menu with both a carnivore and veggie menu. I've had the tacos, chimichanga, fajitas, and its all good. My hindu colleagues love the veggie quesidilla, and hey anything helping you not go to hell is a good thing in my book. The meat is fresh, and the veggies contain lots of avocado….

No alcohol is served, but they do have a large selection of "mocktails", aka margiritta con tequilla... which is a good thing 'cause tequila makes me violent, and the middle east don't need more of that! Also they give free refills on soda... and nobody out here does that !

Also the place is excellent for people watching, nothing more interesting than a group of ladies showing up in a burka, flipping up their hoods, and chowing down on some nachos.

The bad: Very annoying happy birthday song. Think 1980's superbowl halftime show bad(although not as painful as the WHO).

The ugly: They like to leave an avocado on your table to temp you to get the delicious guacamole... for shame! Also the parking is a zoo. Think piles upon piles of cars honking at eachother to get the space closest to the mall. But hey you don't need to worry cause you can park 500 feet away and you'll have no competition, just go at night or it will be incredibly hot hot hot!

Mega Bonus Point: Last time I was there I sweet talked the waitress and got meself a free flaming brownie. Yea that’s right they take a brownie, put syrup on it, then set it on fire.... on top of that they gave me a free cantina laredo hat!

Double Mega Bonus Points: This place is actually an american chain in texas, this is the only one abroad... must be big fans of sex in the city or garfield the cat!?
the sign
yes this slightly grainy picture i…
bknyc450 says:
Nice review..Now I want to go to Texas and get myself a flaming brownie!
Posted on: Jun 06, 2010
blenderboy says:
U will be my Guest for Milwaukee's Best Mexican Food and we have a ton of it..This plus your cash for scoring my bobbleheads...Summer has arrived in the Midwest..It means "short skirts " so hurry back

JIM in MIlwaukee