Cantina Del Ponte

36c Shad Thames, London, United Kingdom

Cantina Del Ponte London Reviews

DAO DAO
Salty Feb 08, 2017
I found both my food and my service to be a bit too salty. This place has been here for years and is in a prime position on the Thames near Westminster Bridge and Big Ben. Predictably the prices are high and the standards are low. I booked through a website that gave me a specific discount on specific dishes. I arrived and felt instantly like the staff just wanted to turn the tables over as quickly as possible. I ordered mussels as a starter and a cold Moretti beer. I even specified cold. I was served a warm beer. My mussels just tasted like salt. Nasty. Then I ordered a ribeye steak. This showed up with some fries and did not look right. Ribyeye does have a small amount of fat, but this was ridiculous. It was fat with a little bit of steak. It was not a suitable piece of meat to serve in a restaurant. I have never been served such a poor cut in my life. If you look closely at the picture of the steak you can see how deficient it looks. Even the house red wine was sub-standard. Then the bill came. Before I asked for it. That is when I saw there was no discount. There was a service charge though. When I asked, the guy seemed to find it amusing that I had ordered the wrong dishes to qualify for my discount. The deal was not printed on my version of the reservation, but they did have the details when they sat me down. Personally I found them snidey and the place a tourist rip-off. If you want good Italian food, make sure you don’t come here.

Check London Hotel Deals