Cantina 1

406 E Broadway, Bloomington, MN, USA - (952) 854-6500

Cantina 1 Bloomington Reviews

Lord_Mike Lord_Mike
Taking in a Corona at the Mall of America Mar 10, 2009
Alyssa and I had lunch at "The Cantina #1" at Mall of America on Wednesday. This restaurant occupies area that formerly contained a comedy club and the daiquiri bar back when the Mall of America first opened some time back in the 1990's.

Cantina #1 is a nice inviting atmosphere, and I imagine a lot livelier on Thursday nights during their SALSA THURSDAYS (live DJ, Salsa dancing lessons at 8:30pm), or on Fridays and Saturdays, when, as our host told us, the dinner tables by the bar are taken out and that leaves a lot of room for dancing!

Food-wise, I came to the Cantina HUNGRY, and was not disappointed. I ordered the "Bottomless Tex-Mex Fiesta", which one can order one of the tex mex meals, and then get a second of the same, and a third of the same, and a fourth and so on. I was able to eat 2.5 meals...not bad for $10.99! The only bummer, is once you order a specific tex mex meal, your second and third and so on have to be the same meal. My order was the "Lone Star", which includes a beef burrito, a chimichanga, and a beef taco, along with red rice (mine was green), and the best refried beans EVER! Too bad there was no seconds on the refried beans!

Apparently there is a second Cantina #1, in Kansas City. The address is: 1867 Village West Parkway, Suite D-105, located under the Legends smokestack (

The Cantina #1 is highly recommended! I may even have to stop back on Salsa Thursdays!!!

Julie, when you do make it back to Minneapolis, we shall take you to The Cantina #1 for a margarita, or two, or three....please check out the YouTube!
The bar area
U are welcome:)
Posted on: Mar 10, 2009
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
a little bit of the tropics in Minnesota Mar 04, 2009
Cantina #1 is located on the fourth floor of the Mall of America. The restaurant wraps around the open rotunda and has seating that overlooks the amusement park. Michael and I sat in the bar area which was "tropical".

I ordered the Mexican pasta - Fideos con Pollo. It was supposed to have sausage but I asked for chicken instead. It was really good. It had avacados and cheese and fire-grilled chicken. Mmmm. Michael got the all-you-can-eat Tex-Mex special and got his money's worth. I even tried his beans and he's right, those are the best refried beans you'll find in a restaurant (at least around here). The chips and salsa were also good.

Our waiter was friendly and talkative and the service was excellent. Maybe because we were there at lunch on a weekday and it was slow. At one point the owner even came over to ask how our meal was. He explained about the restaurant and specials and dancing, etc.

The food is good, the menu has a decent selection and prices were right. This is a nice place to eat at MOA.
Giant parrot on outside of restaur…
bar (with coconuts)
my Mexican pasta
Michael's classic pose - on round 1
Lord_Mike says:
Nice pics, and super review! I have thrown down the challenge, that we must go to Kansas City's Cantina #1 and see which one is better!!!!!
Posted on: Mar 09, 2009
KeikoCreative says:
Must be lots of fun meeting Mike:P
Posted on: Mar 08, 2009