Canta Rana

Canta Rana - fish cebiche

Canta Rana Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Colorful and laidback "Singing Frog" - Canta Rana May 06, 2009
I know different cebicherias (fish & seafood restaurants) in Lima and couldn't believe I never found a good one in Barranco, the bohemian area. Once I was talking about that with a friend an he recommended me this place. Since I was in the area with Craig, just walking around and we both wanted this kind of food, we went there.

It wasn't that easy to find this restaurant. It's located in a corner of a really small street, without any big sign with its name on it. We finally found it and the interior is awesome. High ceilings reminded me to old houses. And the walls were covered with old posters, magazines, football shirts and flags from different countries. The owner should be a big fan of Maradona, since you can find portraits of him. This place looks so traditional. Not pretentious at all, just simple wood tables. A really cozy interior.

And regarding the food, well it was really fresh and tasty. Portions were big and they give you complimentary toasted corn and sarandaja (beans). The menu is all about fish and seafood, cooked in different ways. But we had the cebiche. Really fresh, love it!

To drink you can have the traditional chicha morada or a good and cold beer is always the perfect match for the cebiche.

The waiters were nice and they are used the people take pictures, hahaha. If you are in the area and want to get some really good fish and seafood in a colorful atmosphere, I recommend you to visit this place.
colorful walls
nice interior
inside
Pbyrdman Pbyrdman
My favorite restarante in lima Sep 18, 2009
I love everything that i have tried on the menu. its a little hole in the wall but the food is amazing. the place just feels like your in south america.

Check Lima Hotel Deals