Cano's Homestay

Itbayat Island, Itbayat, Philippines

Cano's Homestay Itbayat Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Cheap and pleasant Feb 01, 2015
This only cost Php250/person per night. Almost nothing!

We decided to visit Itbayat and this is the only decent place to stay. We were brought first to a place with smaller room that it almost felt like it was a closet plus a bad smell from fresh paint.

I asked for another place and brought to Nanay Cano's honestay. Nanay Cano is the owner and she lives right beside the room she is renting out. The room has 5 single beds. They are ok for one night. She lends her heater which is a small electric gadget to put in a pail of water to heat. Itbayat is cold at that time so this is greatly appreciated after a gruelling boat trip and going around the tour which includes trekking and caving.

Nanay Cano is pleasant and very helpful. She brought me to several stores in search for Coke which is already sold out in the island so we settled for Sprite instead.

Food is catered by a store infront of Nanay Cano and brought to the table right outside the room so it is very convenient. Food were good even though we dont have any options so I appreciate that they make an effort to make it good. It is also bog portion.

Nanay Cano is a historian so when guests are curious, she is very happy to talk about Itbayat and its history. I learned more about Itabayat with her than our Php1500/day guide :P

Highly recommended as she seem the only one providing decent place to stay. The others will be too much roughing up for me.
Itbayat Map