Canon SD600

Santee, California

Canon SD600 Santee Reviews

sdbleve sdbleve
Nov 26, 2006
After my last trip I decided that my current digital camera just was not going to cut it any longer. It is a Vivitar 3mb camera that I have had for about 4 yrs or so. It usually takes great pictures...outside. And I found it struggled on our last trip to the UK in low light situations. I also hated to have to wear a fanny pack or the camera case to carry it. It was deff time to find something better and smaller.

I work in a job where I sit in front of a computer for 10 hours a day. It is also shift work, so at times I work in the wee hours of the night trying to keep myself awake. Doing research on cameras was just what I needed. After many hours of research (ok, I was fooing around) I decided on the Canon SD series ultra compact cameras. Now to decide which one I wanted. I finally decided that I liked the features, style and feel of the SD600.

Now to fit it into my budget. I purused all the usual suspect websites trying to find "a steal". I found a site that would list the best prices it could find. The lowest I found was a camera outfit in New York...with a price of $188 plus about $15 for shipping. I was all set,only waiting for the Christmas madness to settle down (the two monsters are true consumer mongers). Then as part of the Black Friday adds I found that Office Depot has a special with $75 off any camera over $200. Well doing the math ($250 less $75 = $175) I could see this was the deal. Plus it came with a free color printer (I have no need for the printer, so I sold it to a friend for $ my camera only cost $155). Sweet!!!

Well, I am now the proud owner of a Canon SD600. I have played with it a bit, and the picture quality is superb! I will post a couple of pictures when I can. So long story short...If you are looking for a good, compact, high quality camera for your travels, I would recommend the SD600
Testing my new camera. Shot of nei…

Check Santee Hotel Deals