Candlewood Suites Tallahassee

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee Rates and Deals

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Affortable fully furnished studio hotel Apr 21, 2012
Candlewood suites has always been my first choice for any extended stay needs regardless of whether I travel on business or leisure. I chose this hotel at Tallahassee,FL during my business travel and found the location close to many things and especially to my work. Due to the low season, I got a pretty good deal (worked out to be $45/night when committed for 30 nights) for my stay which I negotiated with hotel's sales manager.

The capital city, Tallahassee, is not that big, but very popular for universities and government offices. This hotel located by the busy and popular Monroe street, just off the interstate 10. It only takes few minutes to the Florida state University, the state Capitol, lakes and other major attractions.

The hotel's location is a major plus and though it was close the busy roads, I did not have any traffic noise issues. Another good thing about the location is the natural surroundings with greenly look and scenic. I was able to watch a lot of birds of different colors which was amazing and enjoyable. It is easy to find anything in the Monroe st and I was even able to walk to restaurants around. There is also a local bus stop just a block away which serves the neighborhood.

The hotel building is brand new and I was told it was about 2 years old, so obviously everything was in mint condition! The parking lots were plenty and it was free all the time. The lobby area was great and very spacious with nice sofas, chairs and a big flat screen TV. There is a stocked shelf, what they call Candlewood Cupboard, for snacks, frozen food, toiletries, water, juice and other basic needs for reasonable price. They provide complimentary coffee/tea all the time at the Cupboard area. In addition, the guests gets access to the in-house gym, outdoor pool, complimentary self-service laundry machines, complementary DVD rentals and free USA today newspaper. The laundry room had about 4-5 washers and about 6 dryers which was very helpful during the stay. I was even able to buy small pack of detergent from the cupboard!

The staff were very friendly and so do the manager that I met. I requested a room with a nice view and the check-in staff took care of it.

The room that I got was spacious for a single queen bed and it was fully furnished. The room looked very nice with nice view and lighting. The bed was above average with clean sheets and pillows. The room had a fully sized refrigerator, small kitchenette with 2 electric cook tops, modular style cabinets, few steel cooking vessels, silverware, dishes, full sized latest microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, flat TV, DVD player, big work desk and chair, a leather recliner chair, drawers, closet with storage space and wooden hangers, iron and iron board, alarm clock, hair dryer, 2 phones and free wi-fi. I was surprised to see that it had everything you need for a home for that unbeatable rate!

The bathroom looked very new and clean, with lot of hand and bath towels. The shower head was wonderful with 3 types of water flow and pressure, which I enjoyed a lot!

House keeping was only done once a week for long term guests, but I am not sure how that works for few nights stay.

Overall, this place is awesome for the money I paid and I would definitely stay here again. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for few nights to extended stay at Tallahassee, FL.
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, FL

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee Overview

The Candlewood Suites Tallahassee enjoys a convenient location in the city. Guests will be within walking distance of shopping and dining choices. They will also have easy access to attractions in the area, such as the Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological Park, as well as the Tallahassee Mall. Guests will find the Governor’s Mansion nearby, as well as Florida State University. The Candlewood Suites Tallahassee is within easy reach of the regional airport, which lies only 6 miles away. The city also offers taxis, rental cars and a bus system to help visitors get around town.

Rooms within the Candlewood Suites Tallahassee are modern, and outfitted with standard amenities. On offer in all rooms here are amenities including high-speed Internet access, private baths, cable TV programming, comfortable bedding, microwaves, refrigerators, work desks (in some rooms) and direct dial phones.

This property offers guests modern amenities during their stay. On site, guests will be able to make use of the Candlewood Cupboard, as well as a fitness center and a laundry room. In addition, guests will find that the hotel accepts pets (restrictions do apply, so call first).

Candlewood Suites Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower