Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates

Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates Rates and Deals

Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Economical and nice extended stay in Chicago suburb Nov 23, 2011
Candlewood Suites chain is my first choice for any extended stay hotel because I get a discounted extended stay rate upfront if I stay over a month or so. When I was in need for a place in Chicago suburb, I chose Candlewood Suites at Hoffman Estates, IL, because I was able to negotiate the rate with the manager at that location. I paid little less than $40/night during Jul-Sep, which really worked out for me considering short term furnished apartments.

It was really a good choice for me because of the excellent location and very close freeway (20 mins to O'Hare airport, 45 mins to downtown Chicago) many restaurants, banks, ATMs, stores and coffee shops nearby. The hotel is located inside a commercial office complex in a quiet and green area and very near to I-90 highway. Being close to the highway was good and since I got a room which was very close proximity to the highway, I can always hear the traffic noise and couldn't keep the window open during the summer. That was the only thing I didn't like, but other than that I really enjoyed the hotel quietness, cleanliness, privacy, service and safety.

The best part is the location. There were few natural forest preserves and trails all around the hotel location and it was quite natural and amazing when I drove in the evenings. There are few places to eat like Chili's, Ihop within few mins walk and they are accessible within commercial office complex itself. There are also couple of other nice hotels within the complex.

The room I was offered was on the 3rd floor corner which was my request, but it was overlooking the another hotel nearby and I-90 highway. However, I did not have any issues with floor noise or by the nearby elevator and stairs.

Since this hotel is a popular chain, the room was fully furnished and equipped like in any other locations of the same brand. It had a moderately nice queen bed, always clean sheets and pillows, old TV with some premium channels, DVD/VCR combo, full sized fridge, kitchenette with 2 burner electric stove, big microwave oven, dish washwer, cutleries, cooking vessels, coffee maker and coffee supplies, iron and iron stand, big closet with wooden hangers, business table and chair, 2 wired phones, complimentary wi-fi, recliner, air conditioner, bath towels and toiletries and nice clean bathroom. Almost everything needed while away from the home!

Guests get free access to the 24hr fitness center and laundry! Yes, laundry is free too if you have your own detergent, otherwise just pay $1.25 and get a single wash detergent from the hotel store. The store is like a mini-mart where you can get anything for daily needs, including some food items and drinks, though the cost will be bit more than outside stores, but I think the difference is negligible. The hotel also has common barbeque grills on outside for guests use.

The housekeeping was done once a week on scheduled day for extended stay guests, but I was told that I can get fresh towels or linens from the front desk as and when needed. The staff were so friendly and very helpful all the time. I had never had problems for parking as there were enough lots even when the hotel was fully sold out and parking is complementary.

I felt fully secured in this hotel as everyone entering the hotel needs a key card, except the front entrance during the operating hours. This place will better suit any business or leisure travelers and it is also family friendly.

I will definitely choose this place in future, if there is a need :)

Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates Overview

The Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates offers a fitness centre and tennis courts as well as a dry cleaning service, a laundry service and a business centre. Hoffman Estates town centre is within a short 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Family-friendly rooms are available, big enough to accommodate guests travelling with kids. All rooms at the Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates contain full kitchen and laundry facilities. Included in the room is a coffee maker, a DVD player and a refrigerator. Also available are a safe, a TV and tea and coffee making facilities.

Woodfield Mall, Villa Olivia and Schaumburg Medieval Times are within driving distance of the Candlewood Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates. William Rainey Harper College, Catlow Theater and Sears Centre can be reached with a 20 minute drive. Chicago Executive Airport (PWK) is a 50 minute drive from the hotel. Schaumburg Baseball Stadium is a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

Candlewood Suites Chicago- Amenities