Candia Hotel

Candia Hotel Rates and Deals

Candia Hotel Athens Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Needs refurbishing...we liked the neighborhood.... Mar 14, 2010
We stayed at the Candia Hotel when we first arrived in Athens. We had purchased a package that was two days motel and airplane tickets. The hotel was Candia so there we were!

The hotel personnel were very, very nice. They were as accomodating as they could be. The manager even made calls and found us a rental car several hundred Euros cheaper than I had found on the internet.

We liked the working class neighborhood of the Candia. There were school children and families. The restaurants were very inexpensive and had great food. We have read reviews that didn't care for the neighborhood but that was one of our favorite things.

The room was in need of refurbishing. The bed was clean but it was too solid for us. The room needed repainting and could have used a new carpet although the carpet was clean.

We might not stay at the Candia again... it does need refurbishing. In it's favor is the cleanliness and the wonderful personnel. AND of course, we love the neighborhood.
Hotel Candia....
Jennyrac Jennyrac
Not That Good Mar 15, 2009
I do not like the location of this hotel. It is close to the train station in a kind of dirty looking area. The plus is that it is close to the police station, it is safe, I guess, but since outside does not look good, I did not dare to walk outside after dark. It is a bit far from the center area, about 20 minutes walk. When I was there, a bunch of school kids were staying, they were very noisy, I could not sleep most of nights. The kids were talking until early morning and then woke up talking again. I went to talk to them but since they spoke Spanish I spoke English, there was not much understanding between each other. They kept making noise, I eventually gave up.

The picture on Internet looks better than the hotel itself. The hotel looks very dumpy standing on the streets.

I will not stay there next time in Athens.

Candia Hotel Overview

Located within walking distance of many Athens attractions, the Candia Hotel is close to Omonia Square, the business district, Hadrian’s Arch, the National Museum, the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Olympic Coliseum. Plaka historic district and the Agora market are also nearby. The hotel offers amenities, including a bar and restaurant, a rooftop garden, meeting rooms, a television lounge, a swimming pool, and a complimentary buffet breakfast. The hotel offers 24-hour reception. Convenient for guests, the Candia Hotel is directly opposite the Diligiani underground station. The hotel is twenty-eight kilometers from the Athens International Airport.

Guests of the Candia Hotel will find room amenities, such as air conditioning, satellite television, Internet access, telephones, in-room safes, and hairdryers in the bathrooms. Rooms include access to balconies.

The Candia Hotel is conveniently located in the Athens city center, neighboring the car restricted historic district and offering views of the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill from room balconies and from a rooftop garden.

Candia Hotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Posting
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower