Canal tours Copenhagen

Nyhavn 1, Copenhagen, Denmark

Canal tours Copenhagen Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
Relaxing way to enjoy Copenhagen Jul 02, 2015
After feeling disappointed about missing my chance to head over to Malmo for the day I knew I needed to do something special with my day to make up for it. I decided to treat myself to a canal tour and this definitely made me feel better.

There were 2 canal tours on offer. One which an hour long and gave you a tour of Copenhagen plus added the Little Mermaid statue. Or you could go for a slightly shorter and cheaper tour that skipped out the Little Mermaid Statue. I chose to go on the hour long tour.

One thing I would point out is that you probably don't want to be an idiot like me and hop on the boat before thinking about the weather. It was only after jumping on to a tour that was about to start that I realised I was on a boat with no protection from the sun (and it was a hot day when I did it) with no hat or sunscreen. Bad Claire!

But apart from getting a little more sun than I wanted the tour was very relaxing. The guide was fantastic and was speaking in Danish, English and German so everyone on our boat was catered for. I found her very informative and entertaining. I loved being able to just site back and enjoy the water and the views around me. It really is a perfect way to spend an hour.

The only bad thing I would say about it is that it's not really worth paying the extra to see The Little Mermaid statue. You don't really get a great view from the boat so you might as well go see it by foot and spend less on the canal tour.

The Grand Tour (the one including the Little Mermaid) is 80 kroner (£8/$12) or the normal tour is 50 Kroner (£5/$8). Personally I would save the 30 kroner and just take the regular canal tour but it's up to you really. I would definitely recommend you try and squeeze a canal tour into your visit though
Getting onto the boat at Nyhavn
Perfect way to see Nyhavn
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review! :)
Posted on: Sep 08, 2015
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :D
Posted on: Sep 08, 2015
rsvpme says:
Congrats on the feature...:)
Posted on: Sep 07, 2015
WalterC WalterC
Seeing Copenhagen from the water Apr 24, 2015
Canal Tours Copenhagen is one of the companies that gives a tour of Copenhagen from the water. But is it worth it? I would say, definitely yes! Especially if you have a Copenhagen Card.

You can board the tour boat from one of 2 locations. One of them at Gammel Strand, near the Christiansborg Palace, and the other at Nyhavn. It is also how the canal tour is broken into 2 parts

The first part for me, was from Gammel Strand to Nyhavn, with the tour given by a live person. Both in English and Danish. The second part was from Nyhavn, going a different way to Gammel Strand. This part was done through the orange earphones, which you are given at the start of the tour. You can choose between the different languages, as I think there are 4 options. So if not given by a live person, make sure you put on those earphones. Also, the order of how the entire tour is done, does not matter.

The commentaries are interesting and informative, and the canal tour is a nice and different way to see the city. And relaxing as well, since you will be sitting the entire time. And a good way to get from one part of the city to another.

The downside, is that you won’t really get a good look at The Little Mermaid, as you go by it really fast, and only see the backside. And when listening to the live person, they can be hard to hear, is you sit near the motor.

Regardless, this is still a must-do for anyone visiting Copenhagen.
Christiansborg Palace
Old Stock Exchange (Borsen)
view from canal boat
Chokk Chokk
A great way to explore Copenhagen Jul 23, 2010
The Canal tours of Copenhagen are for me a certain must when visiting the city.

Copenhagen is surrounded by water towards Sweden and canals have trough times been the most important reason for developing it. Many of the sights are built facing the water and arriving from the waterside is without discussion a proper way to enter Copenhagen.

The canal tours are wonderful in getting a completely different view; naturally a sunny day is to prefer when doing this activity because you are actually also allowed to bring along a bottle of wine if you want to. Is there anything better than having a nice glass of chilled white wine, while sailing by the sights of wonderful Copenhagen - probably not!

Many Danes bring a bottle of wine or some beers together with a pick-nick basket on these tours and get of the boat at the island of Trekroner or at some of the hideouts at the old naval base Holmen which today is a wonderful and relaxing place in Copenhagen.

There are many different possibilities in the way that you go for a ride; you can have the tour with or without a guide. Some tours are arranged with some of Denmark’s best comedians; there are even tours called the architect tour with a special with of the building but the most common and the one I prefer is the bus where you can get of wherever you want and you can have a day pass for 60 Dkr or 8 euro.
Starting off at Nyhavn
Christianshavns Kanal
The Black Diamond
Chokk says:
Yeah - it is pretty great - especially on sunny days and with a clear blue sky !
Posted on: May 16, 2014
Bojasem says:
i like this tour
Posted on: May 16, 2014
dieforu says:
hehe i had lunch in Nyhan 17 restaurant my friend!!:DD
Posted on: Feb 20, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About Canal tours Copenhagen

Walking and sailing Copenhagen on a sunny day
I was having a visit from my travel mate Barbara from Bruxelles; it was her second time in Copenhagen and the first time while the weather was warm and nice. I was a bit nervous about the weather for…canal tour to explore the seaside of Copenhagen. We decided to have lunch at Café Quote Pavalli is situated…
Copenhagen Denmark to Malmo Sweden: 6/1/08             Last night was just like sleeping in a train yard. Oh wait I basically did sleep in a…touring Copenhagen ; we went out on a canal boat tour that took us down the canals and out into…
The Canal tour
We were woken up by the French girls, they were making a complete racket.  I guess they wanted to repay us for our drunkenness from the night before.  My head was banging and the room was s… We were woken up by the French girls, they were making a complete racket.  I guess they wanted to…

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals