Canal Walk

Canal Walk - Looking down one side

Canal Walk Cape Town Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Shop the World Jun 12, 2008
This is truly where you can "shop the World" as their tagline suggest. There were over 400 stores, restaurants and entertainment under one roof. As in most cities and most places across Cape Town, you will have to pay for parking. Remember to pay for your parking before you go to your car. The payment machines are near the exits.

This palce really had it all. I felt like I was running a marathon, it was so big. Nice place to go and spend the day. They have tv's and lounges all throughout so you never miss any great rugby or soccer matches.

There are also lots of atms throughout the center. I would recommend and found it to be cheaper to not carry alot of cash, but to visit an atm and get money when you need it. The exchange rate is better and there are no inflated surcharges. I paid one American dollar for each transaction. It was much safer and my money went a longer. You are only allowed one withdrawl a day, so plan ahead. I would get 1000 Rand at a time and I only cost me about $125, whereas my friends went to the ABSA counter and paid $147 for 1000 Rand.

There is also a great area on the lower level that is solely dedicated to African Souvenirs. careful, many of them were made in other countries other than S Africa including China, but what isn't made there. It is pretty easy to find, look for the colorful entrance called Africa Bazar near Woolworths.

Enjoy yourselves.
Just a shot in the mall
Looking down one side
Out back on the canal side
The Canal part of the Canal Walk