Canal 125

www.canal125.co.uk - +44 (0) 20 7837 1924

Canal 125 London Reviews

DAO DAO
Makes No Sense Feb 06, 2017
My best friend from America came over to see London and I wanted to make sure he had a great dining experience. I saw the Canal 125 website and it described “Canal-side dining”. It sure looked great. We duly arrived for our reservation time as we were walking in we saw a lady eating a ham and egg dish. It looked like the best ham and eggs ever. Just inside were greeted by a lovely and eclectic interior and nice atmosphere. We walked out the back to find a nice table outside overlooking the canal. As we walked outside and saw the canal – we were greeted with lots of tobacco smoke. Yes- the restaurant uses it small and cosy terrace over the canal as the smoking area. All but one table was taken by people smoking. Most of the tables were occupied by a single person smoking and only half seemed to even have a drink. It just looked like the area was taken over by non-eating, non-drinking smokers playing with their phones. I will tell you the rest, but this just ruined the whole experience.

We sat inside, had great service and really enjoyed our food. The food was meticulously cooked, presented and the quality was exceptional. Why, why, why would they allow smokers to take over the Canal side tables – during warmer months? Bizarre.

I can recommend the food, but forget about sitting outside and enjoying any canal views unless you smoke.

The bar is open:

Monday to Thursday: 11am-11pm

Friday and Saturday: 11am-2am

Sunday: 11am-10pm

The kitchen is open:

Monday to Saturday 12-4pm & 6-10pm

Sunday 12-4pm (later by reservation only)

There is a 12% Service Charge added to all bills. Do not tip and if you wish you can pay less as it’s discretionary.

Between 3 of us we had the following dishes – all delicious!

• Salad Caprese

Buffalo Mozarella, Fresh Basil, Tomato, Olives with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic

• Chicken Caesar Salad

Classic Caesar with Devon Red Corn-fed Chicken; with or without Silver Anchovies!

• The Ham, Egg and Chips of Destiny

Free range Eggs, York Ham and Fries

• I had a dish from the specials board (pictured) with 3 large sausages – all different flavours – with a red wine sauce and mash. Amazing.

Check London Hotel Deals