Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Canadiana Backpackers Inn Rates and Deals

Canadiana Backpackers Inn Toronto Reviews

Theresa1101 Theresa1…
Backpackers meet-up Jun 27, 2011
The Canadiana Backpackers Inn is one of the many Toronto hostels - I stayed in 3, though I liked 'The Planet Travelers' the most, considering price/benefits this Hostel is the best.

It is a great place to meet people since it has a very nice common room with a looong wooden table which makes you talk to the people sitting next to you, also a nice backyard patio.

Lots of activities organized like barbecues, club crawl, canoe trips (seasonal) etc.

It is way cleaner and has a friendlier atmosphere compared to the Global Village Backpackers Hostel, which is a tiny bit cheaper. But that Hostel is dirty&cold.

The Canadiana also has a large board for jobs, rooms, activities and everything. Nice staff as well.

It is a good place to get started in Toronto or just go sightseeing
sujin_na sujin_na
Good location and nice staff Mar 19, 2011
the staff are very kind and helpful.

Location and service are great...

the building and condition is not new and clean. but the Atmosphere was very nice and friendly.
LYuri LYuri
"Best Hostel in North America" Sep 18, 2010
I always say that no matter how rich I get, how successful I am or how luxurious the rest of my life becomes (if ever this should happen to me) - I will ALWAYS stay at hostels. Hotels depress me. They're too sheltered, hermetic, quiet, neat. That's not what I want out of a travel experience. I, like any true traveler, like to meet other travelers, share stories, share experiences and just take in the youthful vibe of a city. I don't want to end my excitement just because I need to go back and change clothes or have some sleep. I want the excitement of city traveling to follow me through the door, to my room, to the table I do some late night internet surfing on before I go to sleep and to bed before I finally call it a day. This is exactly what I got from Canadiana Backpackers Inn.

I went to Toronto on my own "on business". I took up the first hostel that was suggested to me, which happened to be rated in 2003 by HostelWorld "Best Hostel in North America". That being said, I expected to spend hotel prices on it. I was surprised that the best hostel in North America ended up running me only $29.-- a night. Money of course is not everything for me. The Canadiana Backpackers Inn could not be better located. Two blocks away from two of the most happening streets in Toronto (Kind and something else that I can't remember) and probably about 6 or 7 blocks away from the CN Tower, there's no boredom and no shortage of life near this hostel. Life right outside of the hostel, on Widmer street itself is, however, very relaxed. You can still find a place to eat in sweat-pants walking distance from the door. Internet is of course free and there are couches with coffee tables, 25 foot long communal tables with chairs, several regular dining tables where you can find the entire hostel population crowded on using their computers, drinking, eating, listening to music, what have you. I'm one of those weird types that need to be around people, even when being productive, so it was a great study environment for me to sit and read contracts and review them while Koreans were studiously browsing facebook in front of me, hispanics on my left were drinking and laughing in broken English/broken French/broken Spanish with the French tourists on my right. Russians were quietly drinking and planning out the next couple days, while playing the all too familiar game of "Durak" or "stupid"

Most nights of the week, the hostel has their own events. I was there for a $5 all-you-can-eat BBQ. I don't recall what else there was to offer for the week, but they were all some sort of social event for the guests.

There's free tea all day/night, there's always someone at the front office for anything you need, free breakfast every morning, towels, blankets, pillow covers, laundry room with a flat iron, and private showers/bathrooms... Who can ask for more for $30/night?
Rhysv Rhysv
Right in the heart of Toronto Oct 10, 2008
The Canadiana ideally located, everything is within easy walking distance if you want to explore you walk out the front door and instantly see the CN tower dominate the skyline, day or night. The Beds are comfy and the staff are really great at helping you get your Toronto adventure underway. They have a free self-serve pancake breakfast and free wireless internet in the common room for people who bring there own laptops. The only thing I found the Canadiana lacking was a bar to meet fellow travelers.
tom_canzoz09 says:
I was at the canadiana 7 months ago - it was my first base on my travelling adventure around the world! Met some really awsome people there, good memories! :)
Posted on: Nov 04, 2008