Camping les Oliviers

L'Ile Rousse, France

Compare L'Ile-Rousse Hotel Rates (0.4km away)

Camping les Oliviers L'Ile Rousse Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
At Last Service with a Smile Aug 19, 2009
I enjoyed my visit to L’Ile Rousse just twenty two kilometres down the coast from Calvi, even extending my stay an extra night. One of the main reasons for this was the campsite; Camping les Oliviers, situated at Monticello just outside L’Ile Rousse.

Despite the slight inconvenience of having a fifteen minute walk from the town, yes I was dawdling most days, it was well worth the stay. Marginally more expensive than some others but definitely more welcoming than a few others. I was greeted by a friendly guy with a good sense of humour who seemed quite surprised I did not have a tent and this was the source of a few jokes from both of us. As I was heading back into town he allowed me to leave a bag in the office until I returned in the evening.

Camping spaces are equally as eclectic as everywhere else and all available spaces are used requiring a good search around to find a suitable spot. It is however a fairly large campsite and it is not too difficult to find a place to settle.

There are two separate shower blocks, each with toilets, and showers, although the lighting system seems to be a little temperamental, not always working in individual showers. Although there seems to be a distinction between male and female in practice people appear happy to use any that is available. There is also two washing machines but in common with most campsites there are not any drying rooms.

There is a bar/restaurant which serves a variety of foods and drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They have an open fire pizza stove and seem to have a little more going on than the campsite in Calvi. I tried breakfast and it was about average, nothing special but certainly not any worse tasting or value than anywhere else I had eaten.

A minor gripe is that there was quite a large queue to check-out when I left, this has probably something to do with the fact that they insist on check-out before 10.00am. This has the effect that everybody is trying to leave at the sametime, which creates this queue.

Otherwise this is a pretty decent campsite, and anybody familiar with the concept of camping throughout most of Europe where cheap accommodation is the order of the day will be pleasantly surprised.

Compare L'Ile-Rousse Hotel Rates (0.4km away)

Camping les Oliviers  Map