Camping de Branding
30 Boulevard Barnaart, Zandvoort, Netherlands
www.campingdebranding.nl - 023 751 6800
Camping de Branding Rates and Deals
Camping de Branding Zandvoort Reviews
Low-quality campsite at a central location Aug 10, 2009
- Please note: this review is only for the tent section of the campsite; the campsite also offers caravans and larger tents for rent, to which the review might not apply -
Camping De Branding is unfortunately the campsite closest to the beach boulevard and centre of Zandvoort - 'unfortunately', because the campsite is a typical site for teenagers and other young people, where tents are packed next to each other, leaving no piece of grass unused. Although there is an official "family" section, I would not recommend the campsite at all for families. Parcels are not marked, and one is required to put up the tent where there is space available.
The service is below average, and I simply cannot let go of the feeling that I was somewhat privilidged with a bit of a better service and friendlyness because I am of Dutch origin.
The toiletries and showers are smelly, in fact there is only 1 men's shower for the entire campsite. As a solution, we decided to wash ourselves in the sea, which is truly just across the road and takes a minute to get there - a big plus here. The campsite does not take reservations.
For 1 tent and 1 parking spot for 5 persons for 3 nights we paid a total of approx. 138 Euros.
We had visited multiple campsites in Zandvoort, and De Branding was the only one having available places; now we know why.
But I surely do not want to leave the following positive features unattended:
- The campsite is located alsmost directly at the sea, and closest to the main boulevard and centre of Zandvoort.
- The camping has parking spaces available, which is much cheaper than leaving your car on the street for a Euro per hour, 24/7.
- The family section has resting hours as of 23 o'clock, meaning that no music or talking is allowed. This rule is well reinforced during the evening/night.
- The people visiting the campsite at the family section (mainly Germans) are quite relaxed and friendly.
- This campsite is probably the best option for teenagers looking for a party and a low price.
For people in their later 20's and above I would not recommend this campsite. There are two more campsites in Bloemendaal, located directly next to Zandvoort; they are further away, but next time I would rather rent a bicycle in addition in order to get around.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!