Camping Veselie

Sozopol, Bulgaria
Camping Veselie - Camping Veselie as seen from the road nearby.
Camping Veselie - Smokini Beach Bar - you can get there for about 10 minutes from your tent walking on the shore .
Camping Veselie - Sunrise over the sea as seem from my tent at Veselie.

Camping Veselie Sozopol Reviews

george_k george_k
Sep 06, 2007
Just came back from a wonderful vacation at the Bulgarian sea shore. This was the third year in which I spent more than a month in camping Veselie. It is situated 4 km south of Sozopol and you can get there by car,using the new van service from the city ( 1 euro ) or walking - depending of the amount of luggage you have with you. In the few places in Internet where you can find information about Veselie it is advertised as "The one and only naturist hub on the Black Sea coast!".

First let me warn you that the camping itself is not existing and now its name more or less marks the land in which it used to be located . However you could put your tent at no cost ( just 1.5 euro per day per a car if you have one ) and stay for as much as you want. There is no electricity and water at the spot - but those are minor things - what matters is the place itself and the people who go there ( tourists from all over the world - Germany , England , Czech Republic...etc)

Probably the best beach in the Bulgarian cost line is located just below the camping. There are not too many building and hopefully the municipality will not allow anyone to build houses or hotels as this would do great harm to the nature there.
Camping Veselie as seen from the r…
Smokini Beach Bar - you can get th…
george_k says:
Hello Apisica ,

Sadly I have heard that the camping is not the place I know - destroyed by hotels of the Bulgarian mafia who ruins the beautiful seaside of the country. The only good beach now is Irakli - people still camp there ...for now
Posted on: Jul 16, 2011
apisica says:
Hi guys,

Just returned from Sozopol; I located camping Veselie, but unfortunately I have to tell you that the place is no longer available :| the beach was leased and one new built modern hotel is waiting to be sold to a new owner; we just met some old guys -beach staff I supposed; they told us - literally - "Camping Veselie KAPUT". The rest of campings that I visited there, close to Sozopol, seemed to me not attractive at all. I still hope that along to Bulgarian Sea coast there still are some beautiful quiet beaches where you can put the tent directly on the beach and enjoy the nature and the silence. If anybody knows these places, please contact me. I returned from my trip some how dissapointed that I couldn't enjoy this kind of experience.
Have a great summer!
Posted on: Jul 12, 2011
apisica says:
Hi guys, Is this camping still available?
I would like to spend 2 days there; I noticed there are no utilities, right?
Thanks for update!