Camping Safari

Camping Safari - I always had the best view since I was traveling solo

Camping Safari Reviews

denagirl denagirl
Camping Safari Tanzania Aug 08, 2013
I survived a 8 day camping safari!

I will be honest, I didn’t sleep much in Serengeti. The wildlife activity kept me up at night and I was terrified sleeping in a tent alone. I cried the 2nd night in Serengeti when I was awaken by lions chasing a buffalo through our camp! Then the third night lions visited our campsite during dinner. They were looking for water and drank the toilet water at the camp bathroom! Other than those terrifying couple of nights, the camping safari experience was amazing. I love wildlife viewing. David (my guide) was knowledgeable and very passionate about wildlife conservation and education. During the game drives, I was glad I was the only passenger in the jeep. I always had the best seat. I also asked a lot of questions about wildlife and their environment. When I was not asking questions, I appreciated the silence… I sat/stood in a Toyota Land Cruiser for many hours during the game drives and I don’t think I would have enjoyed the company (personalities) of other travelers if I would have joined a random group. In the evenings, I interacted with the other campers. If you are thinking about going on a Safari in East Africa, I recommend you create a custom safari through dream2realities.com. I am planning to go back to Africa next summer! Dream 2 Realities is going to help me arrange a safari in Botswana and possibly gorilla tracking in Rwanda.
Coffee with a lion in Serengeti
I always had the best view since I…
Musa the cook took care of me
Campsite in Ngorongoro
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!:)
missandrea81 says:
Congratulations on your review being featured today. Well done!
spocklogic says:
Wonderful experience and glad you survived to tell the tale! Sounds like quite the disturbance with lions after a buffalo. This buffalo are no easy pickings and can be quite fierce and aggressive themselves. As long as it was just a fright then it makes for a good tale of high adventure : )
denagirl denagirl
Camping Safari Tanzania Aug 08, 2013
I survived a 8 day camping safari!

Tanzania Map