Camping Jungfrau Unterseen Reviews
the camping place with the best view of the eiger, mönch and the jungfrau! Jun 16, 2012
the camping place with the best view of the eiger, mönch and the jungfrau!
run by the werthmüller family since 1952, camping jungfrau is always consistently rated by ADAC (europe's largest automobile club) as one of the best camping places in switzerland.
located in the municipality of unterseen in interlaken, the camping place is nestled between the lower alps and forested hills and a quiet community far from traffic and noise in the middle of touristic interlaken.
the beautiful nature that surrounds it makes it an ideal camping place for families and people who wanted peace and quiet. i paid 12chf for every night of camping plus they gave me a free card to use for public transportation around interlaken.
- the best view of the mountain trio of the eiger, mönch and the jungfrau.
- it is a family business so the service is more personal, specially the daughter of the owners who is very helpful.
- no advance payment when reserving a place via the internet.
- very quiet, very clean and very secured place.
- direct on the bus station.
- VERY CLEAN toilets with anti bacterial spray in every toilet.
- a backyard atmosphere.
- last bus from interlaken ost (main station) to camping jungfrau leaves around 7pm and last bus from camping jungfrau to interlaken ost leaves before 8 pm.
- far from the center/big supermarkets (so buy your stuff beforehand if you dont have a car)
- tennis courts
- restaurant (open only in summer)
- small grocery
- table tennis
- small swimming pool
- lots of informations about interlaken, they can also help you arrange activities that you would like for the day.
- small kitchen to cook/dining area
- free electricity for mobile/camera batteries
- .10 cents for 4 minute hot showers.
all in all, i recommend camping jungfrau to anyone who like to camp around not just in switzerland or interlaken but also in europe as well. the place feels homey, no unruly teenagers, the camping site is huge - you can pitch basically anywhere. the werthmüller family is so nice and helpful and best of all the nature that surrounds it and the stunning view of eiger, mönch and jungfrau in sunrise, midday and in sunset.
Part of the an unforgetable journey across the EUROPEAN ALPS travel blog
Part of the list a guide to the EUROPEAN ALPS.
4 / 5 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!