Camino

3 Varnishers Yard, London, United Kingdom

Camino London Reviews

DAO DAO
Find the Right Path Feb 09, 2017
Camino can be translated as ‘path’. When a local friend asked me if I had ever eaten at the ‘Tapas place at Kings Cross’ I thought she was mistaken. There is no such place. We arrived at Kings Cross, went across the road and then into a small alleyway – which opened up into a courtyard with the best Tapas Restaurant ever. Owner Richard Bigg travelled along a long and winding path across Spain and became inspired by the food he encountered. He opened the first Camino in London in 2007 and they now have 3 locations. His Executive Chef, Nacho del Campo, is from Vitoria, the capital of the Basque Country. You can watch him and his chefs at work in the open kitchen. The waitress was very attentive and patient. She explained all the dishes I was unsure about. When the food came she made sure that I knew what each dish was and made sure I had everything I needed. Camino is a nicely decorated restaurant that just looks and smells wonderful. The food is amazing. I enjoyed and devoured every bite. I also had an excellent glass of wine. The great thing was I could enjoy my meal at a leisurely pace then cross the street to get the train home.

Camino has some other exciting aspects as well. They have a loyalty card, an email list with specials and even late night DJs every week with free entry. This is a great restaurant for a romantic meal, a business lunch or just a solo business meal. With the train station next door, you can even have a drink as you don’t have to drive. They even have the Bar Pepito, a Sherry Bar, next door.

Olé !

I enjoyed the following wonderful dishes with an excellent red wine:

Embutidos (Sausage)

Fuet, salchichón, chorizo, lomo

(Salami, pepperoni, chorizo, Cured Pork Loin)

Presa Ibérica

(shoulder of rare Ibérico pig, aubergine purée – rare is the way it is cooked)
labego labego
A good Square Pub, with Spanish taste in London Aug 19, 2011
It´s place near King Cross Station.

To get in, you have to came into a corridor and then you found the Pub.

It has a wide variety of wines and beers and they have Sangria! A typical Spanish drink ( red wine, some refresh and I don´t know exactly how much kinds of drinks more like rum, gin… and some fruit and cimanon) and they have too, typical Spanish tapas, nice music, when we stayed there was a Dj. . The pub is quite big so you don´t feel overwhelmed even when it´s crowded.

Located in a pleasant square in front of other Spanish Pub(Bar Pepito), which gives more privacy when you're taking the glasses on the square.
labego says:
Thanks!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this review... sounds nice
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011