Camera Obscura and World of Illusions

44-131-226-3709

Camera Obscura and World of Illusions Edinburgh Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Camera Obscura - Fun Diversion on a Rainy Day May 07, 2017
Admittedly the Camera Obscura museum is probably not for everyone. Some might find it frivolous even. But I'm guessing those people are not that much fun to be around so who cares? Yes, it's a bit hokey...but lighten up and let loose for a change.

Camera Obscura is definitely a great place to take your kids to, particularly if they are getting a little restless from all the boring history and science related museums. This is definitely more whimsical.

I had looked up online things to do and see while in Edinburgh and this was one of those activities that grabbed my attention. As I've said before, regular museums usually bore me to death. I prefer the oddball ones. This one exceeds in that category.

I took numerous pictures so I'll let them give you the idea of what the museum is about. But, in general, it's a museum devoted to optical illusions. I've always found them interesting. It's a good reminder that what you see in life is not always the entire picture.

And when you make it to the top there's a pretty spectacular view of the entire city including the castle which is basically right next door.
Me if I was a chimpanzee.
Me as a kid. Strong argument for n…
Still frames of Star Wars put toge…
This being the bigger picture.
hanleyscot says:
It was fun. I enjoyed it. It's probably not going to change anyone's life but if you find your way back to Edinburgh it's worth checking out.
Posted on: May 08, 2017
NickelP says:
I walked past this when I was there but didn't go in...kinda wishing I had now.
Posted on: May 08, 2017
Bojasem Bojasem
good but expensive Sep 17, 2013
one of the famous attraction in Edinburgh.

Enjoy unique 360 degree panoramic views over Edinburgh from the fascinating Camera Obscura and rooftop terrace. In World of Illusions, experience unique for my but i think pay 12 GB for 5 minutes & small museum of photo too much.

the location in the old city in the royal mile close to the castle.

i advise tourist start your tour there & end in the castle.

I had a lot of fun in there. It has a lot of optical illusions, hands-on exhibits, holograms, and of course the live panoramic view .

it nice experience you will not forget

i recommended especially for children they will enjoy more than us adult.
the museum