Camera Center: A Journey to Meet the All-Knowing Oracle

(585) 458-7703

Camera Center: A Journey to Meet the All-Knowing Oracle Grand Rapids Reviews

perfektewelle perfekte…
May 05, 2007
I was invited to shoot a friends wedding...and I thought it would be a wise idea to get my SLR fixed. I had gotten the camera as a "gift" after my grandfather died as I am clearly the family photographer. However, it was old, and needed to be looked at.

I decided to visit the Camera Center in Eastown.

I walked in and showed my camera to the store owner, telling him that I thought my battery compartment had corroded. In three seconds, he spit out numerous facts about my camera model and popped in the new compartment and tested my camera out. He even let me barter with him over the cost of the compartment and lithium batteries. I got the two for only 30 dollars. A steal I tell you, as the batteries alone were 15 dollars.

I looked around the store with my jaw gaping wide. Thousands and thousands of cameras lined the walls of the store. Cameras from the beginning of photography... camera obscuras. EVERYTHING. I couldn't even believe that this man owned this many cameras, and still knew everything about my 84 minolta (I only know the year thanks to this man) immediately.

If you have any questions about cameras, equipment, malfunctions- anything, head to the Camera Center in Eastown. There you will find all the help that you need, and a fascinating glimpse at the history of cameras.

Check Grand Rapids Hotel Deals