Camden State Park

Lynd, Minnesota
Camden State Park - little waterfall
Camden State Park - reflection in the river
Camden State Park - looks like fall!
Camden State Park - Redwood River bridge
Camden State Park - Dakota Valley trail
Camden State Park - pretty trees along the Redwood River
Camden State Park - River Trail

Camden State Park Lynd Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Lots of trails for lots of uses Sep 27, 2008
Camden State Park in southwestern Minnesota is a scenic park on the Redwood River with lots of trails for day use. They have 15 miles of hiking trails, 4 miles of mountain biking trails, 10 miles of horse trails, and 5-7 miles of cross country ski and snowmobile trails. The park also has picnic areas and shelters, campgrounds, fishing in a lake and the river, a small beach, and boating in the lake (electric motors only).

The overlook trail follows a little creek and winds through the woods, but the overlook isn't much. All you see is the tops of lots of trees. The Dakota Valley Trail is the Hiking Club trail but it isn't very scenic in my opinion. It was pretty through the woods, but then you get up to the top of the hills to the rolling prairie (I'm not a huge fan of the prairie). The river trail was much nicer with the fall leaves along the Redwood River. This trail was also nice for jogging but the boardwalks get slippery when wet from the rain.
pretty trees along the Redwood Riv…
Trail to the overlook
little waterfall
reflection in the river
vances says:
Great review --- and fantastic set of photos to convey the beauty! Now if I can just get my head to disconnect 'Camden' from NJ.... :^)
Posted on: Oct 22, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Camden State Park

Slippery when wet
I visited Camden State Park twice, both on Saturdays after work.  The first visit I went to the scenic overlook and Dakota Valley Trail in late Sept.  I started for the overlook trail,… I visited Camden State Park twice, both on Saturdays after work.  The first visit I went to the scenic…

Check Lynd Hotel Deals