Cambria Suites Traverse City

Cambria Suites Traverse City Rates and Deals

Cambria Suites Traverse City Reviews

mslellen mslellen
Very nice hotel in Traverse City MI Mar 22, 2010
We stayed two nights at Cambria Suites because we had scheduled a show in their meeting room. It's located on the main strip of Traverse City's, hotel row. Unfortunately it is not on the waterfront. It's still conveniently located because there are many restaurants near by. In Michigan, you pretty much have to drive everywhere anyway since there is no real usable public transportation.

The hotel lobby is very nicely done, with several seating areas, a bar and small restaurant area. There's a flat screen TV and lots of guests were watching a hockey game in the lobby. There is a also a small business center with two computers and a printer. The computers were very nice with large, flat, touch screens. Internet is also free at this hotel.

We were all very happy with the rooms which were beautifully done. We had a King room, and the guys had a double. They said their room was exactly the same, just 2 smaller beds. Counters were all black granite with mahogany wood. The room has a warm, rich feel with browns, golds and red accents.

The bed was so comfortable, with lots of pillows and just the right weight of blankets. The bed area had a closet, a bench seat, large flat screen TV and was separated from a seating area.

The well lit seating area was comfortable with a small sofa, ottoman, easy chair, another flat screen TV and desk. The sofa opened for another sleeping area, perfect for families. From looking at some other rooms, my impression was that at least most of the rooms had the same arrangement.

In the hall there was a counter with a 4-cup coffee maker, 4 real glasses and 4 real coffee cups. I hate staying in nice hotels and then have them leave you paper or plastic cups. There was also a refrigerator and microwave. I liked that this was in the hallway, I don't like it when it's in the bathroom like most hotels do.

The bathroom was beautiful with a huge shower and a shower head that had several settings and installed high enough on the wall. There was plenty of hot water, although the temperature did fluctuate. The sink was really cool looking and there was plenty of counter space since there was a shelf under the sink to put items you weren't using. I don't like a cluttered sink or room so I appreciate the storage area. Being open I didn't have to worry about leaving anything behind since it's all visible. There was also a hair dryer, lots of towels, boutique shampoo, lotions and soap, and a wall mounted magnifying mirror.

When we got to the room the hotel had a gift bag of snacks and water for us which was really nice and much appreciated. I don't think they do this for everyone, it must of been a thank you for booking the meeting room.

The hotel has a very small pool, 4' deep, and a hot tub. Sufficient for families trying to keep kids busy. There is also a workout room with new equipment all in working order. The pool and gym area were very clean with lots of towels and seating area.

We did eat at the bar area in addition to having the catering for our meeting. Our meals were very good and reasonably priced. I wouldn't hesitate recommending their restaurant facilities. There is a breakfast bar which I did not have, but the guys did and said it was really good with eggs cooked to order. Breakfast is not included with the room but still very reasonable at $7.99 per person with a nice variety of choices.

All of the staff were wonderful. Our room was just as spotless the second day as it was on arrival. I love that. Our housekeeper even left a note, addressed to me by name, asking for me to contact her if I need anything and thanking us for staying with the hotel. I felt this was a very personal touch that she knew who was staying in the room and took the time to leave a note. It just shows that the people working here care about their hotel and it's customers.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Traverse area. The only drawback is that it's not waterfront, but since we were there in March, it wasn't an issue for us.
Really comfortable bed and pillows!
Part of the lobby area.
The bar and restaurant area.
Desk area
CaseyVan says:
Very helpful, thank you :)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2012
bernard69 says:
great review:)
Posted on: Mar 28, 2010

Cambria Suites Traverse City Overview

This Traverse City accommodation is within minutes of the downtown historic areas and offers an ideal launching point for short trips and jaunts throughout the area. The Cambria Suites Traverse City is just minutes from the center of Traverse City, which offers a great many historical and cultural enjoyments. Turtle Creek Casino in Williamsburg is also a few miles away, with a plethora of shopping and beach opportunities just minutes away. Points of interest in this area include the nearby beach, water and beach recreations, Howe Arena, Dennos Museum Center, the Music House Museum, Grand Traverse Mall, the Dinner Train, and Pirate's Cove Adventure Park. The airport is just twelve miles from the Cambria Suites Traverse City, while car parking is offered on the premises.

Modern amenities at the Cambria Suites Traverse City include mini-bars, wireless Internet access, room service, valet laundry, many bay views, and cable television.

The Cambria Suites Traverse City offers a fitness center, full service dining, a swimming pool, a spa tub, a business center, a bar and lounge, and 24 hour reception.

Cambria Suites Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Spa/Jetted Tub