Cambodian BBQ Restaurant

Pub Street Alley, Siem Reap, Cambodia
063 966 052
Cambodian BBQ Restaurant - Crocodile... with a handy picture to show you what it is ;)
Cambodian BBQ Restaurant - Enjoying our BBQ (photo borrowed from my roommate)
Cambodian BBQ Restaurant - Ostrich
Cambodian BBQ Restaurant - The barbecue

Cambodian BBQ Restaurant Siem Reap Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
An easy way to try something new Mar 03, 2008
At this restaurant they have an interesting selection to choose from: snake, kangaroo (?), crocodile, frog, ostrich and of course chicken, pork or beef. Each person usually orders one dish and then you share a barbecue with two or so people. I think there are some regular cooked meals available if you're not interesting in trying the barbecue.

They first brought us a hot dome shaped "barbecue". Then they brought out the meats as well as noodles, veggies and rice. The meat comes chopped up into small pieces with an egg and you mix it up before sticking it on the grill. At the bottom of the grill is soup. They refill the soup every so often and give you unlimited vegetables, rice and noodles. You add the veggies and noodles to the soup and use chopsticks to cook the meat and flip it over.

We tried the ostrich, crocodile and chicken and our "exotic" choices turned out to be the best. The crocodile tasted like combination of chicken and fish. The ostrich tasted a little bit like red meat or maybe chicken cooked in red wine. I don't think the meat was seasoned except for some salt and pepper. Because of this, you get more of an idea of the actual flavor of the meat. So it makes sense to go for something other than chicken.

This restaurant is located in an alley which I think was just off of Pub Street. It's not too hard to find. It has a "made for tourists" vibe, but it's still an interesting and memorable experience. If you're in Siem Reap it's worth a try!
The barbecue
Crocodile... with a handy picture …
Ostrich
Enjoying our BBQ (photo borrowed f…
hazelmaj says:
I like this restaurant. Aside of their perfect location in between pubstreet and old market, the restaurant service is excellent and definitely their food is superb. My first time to eat exotic meat such as snake and crocodile. I was observing myself what will happen to me within 24hours. In fact, I felt more lively on that night. I will recommend this restaurant to all the people who wants to have a great moments of visiting Siem Reap.
Posted on: Oct 01, 2009
mellemel8 says:
GOOD GOD I WANT TO TRY THIS :)
Posted on: May 12, 2008
ienjoybeingagirl says:
This sounds amazing! Hopefully I can try it out when I'm in Siem Riep in August!
Posted on: May 03, 2008